Anyone own or know more about the TC-75GX880?

daveinsurgent

Novice Member
Reaction score
This TV is almost completely unknown here in Canada and really the rest of the internet. The GX880 part only even comes up when it's mentioned alongside the GZ series (e.g. "Firmware update for GX880/GZ...."

Does anyone have any more details about this unit? The user manual even mentions "HDMI 2.1 features" but only ALLM by name, not eARC (which would be awesome). What about other details like supported resolutions (I think the answer here is no, nothing supported above 60hz) -- what about flicker? Contrast/brightness measurements?

I'm always one to root for an underdog product, but I would prefer not to buy blind.

Does anyone have any more details about this unit? The user manual even mentions "HDMI 2.1 features" but only ALLM by name, not eARC (which would be awesome).

2019 Panasonic TVs don't have HDMI 2.1 ports - ALLM mode (for gamers) is the only 'HDMI 2.1 feature' supported so, unfortunately, there is no eARC, VRR, HFR (120Hz) etc on any of their sets.

A quick online search doesn't give many results for that model as you say, but Panasonic Canada appears top (along with some Canadian retailers), so presumably it's a model specific to Canada.

The model name suggests it could be based on the GX800. When they change the 2nd and 3rd number, it often suggests a retailer-specific model (eg. GX820 is exclusive to Currys/PC World here in the UK).

If the specs looks identical, then the GX800 would be a good starting point if you're after reviews, although the larger 75" screen might change things somewhat (65" is the largest screen size for the GX800 in the UK)

I have this TV and the 75 inch is a complete difference tv altogether from the other gx880 series.
This TV is almost completely unknown here in Canada and really the rest of the internet. The GX880 part only even comes up when it's mentioned alongside the GZ series (e.g. "Firmware update for GX880/GZ...."

Does anyone have any more details about this unit? The user manual even mentions "HDMI 2.1 features" but only ALLM by name, not eARC (which would be awesome). What about other details like supported resolutions (I think the answer here is no, nothing supported above 60hz) -- what about flicker? Contrast/brightness measurements?

I'm always one to root for an underdog product, but I would prefer not to buy blind.
I have the 75gx880z, the new Zealand market model. It's a pretty amazing TV. The 75 inch uses a VA panel rather then a isp which gives it far superior Blacks and contrast as opposed to the other sizes in that range. And it's 120hz so no need to worry about flicker. I had the 2017 model 75fx780 which I thought was a pretty great TV but upgraded to to 75gx880 so I could have a Dolby Vision capable tv and I was blown away with how much better the 880 is in every aspect. I use mine mainly for hometheatre and run a Panasonic ub820 4k player and the picture is just as good as their old models in my opinion without the worry of screen burn in as I also game with it. It uses the same hcx pro processor as their top of the range oled and no it not hdmi 2.1 (which is basically for 8k anyway) but it is 2.0b. Im pretty fussy with my TVs and I honestly don't have a single complaint about this one. It's far better than my old 4K LG and my top of the line Sony LCD I had by a Longshot and everyone that comes around is just blown away by the picture. Not trying to blow my own horn but everyone that sit down and watches a movie just keeps commenting how amazing it looks and even tho I've had it for 3 months now it still at times makes my jaw drop with its picture quality. I think it's the best TV over 65inch you can get for under 5k.. As you can tell I'm hopless at writing any sort of review it's more so just my opinion on it with a bit of information that may help. Oh It's also an amazing media player, I plug my hard drive in and it plays everything I've thrown at it, HDR10+, Dolby vision with atmos, dtsx tracks which is pretty handy to not have to rely on a media player. Oh one bad thing is it's dam heavy. Over 60kg (130 lb plus) something to be aware of.

Hi;

I'm new here & this post interests me as I'm contemplating buying one of these Panasonic 75gx880 TV's. However, I'm a bit hesitant as it's now common knowledge that Panasonic will no longer be bringing TV's into Canada. So of course I'm wondering will that be an issue with service? & / or warranty, etc?...
Secondly, I'm curious as to how this 75gx880 compares to a 75" Samsung Q6, Q60 or Q70? series? I'm not into sports or gaming. Just movies, Blu Rays, & TV shows. The TV will be in my basement which is dark & straight on viewing.
Any advice / input would be much appreciated as there's not much info out there on the 75gx880 ???
Cheers!

Last edited:
I have the 49GX880 and have been wondering what people are using for settings on this TV....

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom