Anyone recently received a v3 2tb q box?

I had to hand the old box to the courier who brought the new one.

Don’t think he’d have been keen to wait while I performed HDD surgery on them.

Yep you're right, they just rocked up with the new box and wouldn't leave without taking the old one. As i'm at work and wasn't expecting the delivery, dpd left with the new box as my missus won't go anywhere near the av stuff. Best I make a note of all the series links later and wait for the re-delivery tomorrow

Did you not receive an email or text message about the delivery? I got full instructions about having the old box ready to swap and a delivery time window texted to me prior. It took less than 24 hours from ordering to it being delivered.

Nope, I received an email from Sky confirming the order and saying it would be 3-5 days, with no further instructions, then received an email and text from DPD this morning (after I had already left) giving me a 1 hour delivery window. No mention of returning the old box immediately although I knew this was the case as it was said above. I didn't however want to shift my av unit out to get access until I knew which day it was arriving as didn't want to be without tv (have no antenna on the property for digital viewing). Thats the issue with Q, if the main box is down, then it knocks out all the other rooms too. At least now I know the delivery will definitely be tomorrow, I can remove before I go to sleep tonight so no biggy

EDIT: heres the email so no mention of having the other box ready

Hello xxx,

If you want to see where your Sky Q 2TB UHD is, simply head to the DPD website using your tracking reference xxxxxx. To track your full order visit My Account order tracker with your Sky iD (xxx@xxxx).

About your Sky Q box

The package you receive will contain everything you need, including your new Sky Q box and a handy set-up guide, which you can also access here sky.com/Qselfsetup.

You'll also need to take out your viewing card from your existing Sky Q box and keep it safe. Give it a little push and it will bounce right out.

Thank you for choosing Sky Q.

The Sky Team

For such a massive telecommunications company Sky really are the worst at communicating information... At least they reminded you to keep your viewing card - that's caught out a lot of people.

update: 14:19, text comes through (several hours after the DPD delivery) stating the new box will be delivered soon and to give the box and power cable to the courier. Nice to see they are on the ball as ever lol

New box installed, hardware version 32B206. Weirdly, I have atmos working and running in 10-bit but both my TV and projector are only receiving 8-bit (but does say its still HDR). No idea whats going on as thought the box only sent HDR in 10-bit. As I have a picture on both screens, the sky box clearly thinks its sending 10-bit. Witchcraft I tell ya!!!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom