Apocalypse Now: 40th Anniversary 4K UHD

And then there were 4!:smashin: Let the DVD race begin!
( I need to google ‘Out of stock’ meaning! )

Edit: 5 ! (Thank you @LotusElan )

Well well well gents, what do we have here
image.jpg

Bargain of the year

I'm not entirely sure this is that much of a bargain, as soon as more people realise there is no theatrical version in the 3-disc version, I expect it to be a Zoom £9.99 weekend deal soon enough.

Can only hope they print off more of the 6-disc edition otherwise this release has been a joke as far as i am concerned.

I'm not entirely sure this is that much of a bargain, as soon as more people realise there is no theatrical version in the 3-disc version, I expect it to be a Zoom £9.99 weekend deal soon enough.

Can only hope they print off more of the 6-disc edition otherwise this release has been a joke as far as i am concerned.

Yep. No matter how much of a bargain the Hive deal is - this is Apocalypse Now we are talking about. I want EVERYTHING! :D And yes, I think this cut down release will be £10 very soon.

The multi disc versions have sold out and selling for silly money now. I just grabbed the new Bluray and threw Redux and Theatrical in the box, have my own little 3 disc special edition which will do me for now, until the next cut comes out lol. Apparently the final cut has already been edited again by Coppola for showings, so I guess those viewers are seeing the Final....Final Cut.

Traded my Hive £10.85 3-discer into CeX and got £13.00 -pleased with that and already used the voucher (and I kept the 3 disc Amaray for my home brew, obviously).

fChDMem.jpg

Fixed that for you.

All sorted now :D

Took the 3 discs (no numbering I notice -very lazy) from my 6-disc Steelbook and cut down the sleeve for the 2001 UK DVD Paramount release. So I can ignore the "Final Cut" crap.

Yes, Mr Coppola you're not the only one who can cut stuff up and reuse tat best left in a Filipino skip.

I love that old Bob Peak artwork as seen on the old UK EMI quad poster. Apparently, Coppola asked Peak to remove Robert Duvall from the left of Brando's shoulder at the very last minute.

vighoWm.jpg

That's the 6 disc version -it's an error by WowHD.

Akt2LgS.jpg

They USA so far don't seem to have a re-release cut down version.

That's the 6 disc version -it's an error by WowHD. They USA so far don't seem to have a re-release cut down version.
Ok thank you. Also am I right in thinking all discs included are region free?

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Does that mean my set isn't worth so much now?! Not that I'm ever gonna sell it anyway. Anyone without this 6-disc set - you need it. And the UK is slightly better than the US set - can't remember why though.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
How many times have I bought this film. Just had to preorder this one. Off to sell my vanilla 4K

Pre-ordered the collector's edition from Amazon on 24th March, making use of their promotion of £7 off by getting it sent to a pick-up location and I had £10 of vouchers. Delivery was supposed to be today but just had the dreaded email to say there's a delay. Probably because it's out of stock, fingers crossed they will have more and I will get it. I was well pleased when I ordered for £13 and don't want to be paying full price from Zavvi.

Very happy now. My Amazon order of the 6 disc edition has finally been delivered, saved 2p on the pre-order price as well.
Just had a quick test of the UHD discs, wow that Atmos track sounds fantastic. Will be a week or so before I can watch properly on the projector.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom