Manioso

Standard Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping someone may have a solution to an issue that seems to affect Apple TV and my current setup. I have the Optoma UHD51A connected to a Denon AVRX2600, and for some reason the picture will randomly become dark and washed out. Watching something on Apple TV+ for example will look fine at first then the image appears too dark, other times really washed out. The really odd thing is to get the picture back I have to do a picture settings reset on the projector (which is a pain as I then have to put all the adjustments in again) as nothing else seems to work. Even a full shutdown and restart does not fix it - it almost like something has been written to the projector. Looking through the picture settings when the display is dark/washed out does not reveal any changes at all.
I also have the Amazon Fire stick 4K connected and it does not suffer the same issue and Apple + will work fine through it. I'd really like to stick to the Apple box for the 24P support as it seems to be the only external device to offer it.
I'm sure this is an HDR issue as the Apple box works without fault on my LG OLED.
Any of you knowledgable sort have any advice? I know the Optoma cannot do proper HDR so it is work just disabling it?

Thanks in advance!!

Apple will take its cue from your projector, i think, do you have an ambient light setting, perhaps in eco settings on your projector? Look in there and turn it off. Best, Phil.

Thanks for your replies. After much research I think this is more an issue with the dolby Vision to HDR conversion handled by the Apple TV. Looking at solutions I think the HD Fury Vertex may be the best option - just need to do more research for this one!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom