Apple TV 4K Owners Thread

lol okay what I meant is I have been running the beta and it always says 14 but then some numbers and letters after the 14 like now it’s tvOS 14.0 (18J386)
The GM is the same as the official release so It should be the same.

So no issues with tvOS 14 and being able to switch between UK and. US iTunes accounts?

Looks like account switch works. Otherwise I am doomed.

HDMI-CEC seems to have stopped working since updating to tv os14. Under Settings, Remotes and Devices, Control for TVs and Recievers is now Off and it will not let me turn it On.

HDMI-CEC seems to have stopped working since updating to tv os14. Under Settings, Remotes and Devices, Control for TVs and Recievers is now Off and it will not let me turn it On.
Mines working fine, have you tried a restart?

I am going to stick with current version. Will upgrade few weeks later.

Updated last night. Not actually noticing any differences, so winning.

Updated - the dolby vision and dolby atmos logos now look ridiculous

😱

Updated - the dolby vision and dolby atmos logos now look ridiculous
It’s the new logos Dolby are using. They look awful to me and as soon as I saw it on the beta I hated it lol.
Thought I’d best have a look after seeing your posts and blimy they’re a tad bigger aren’t they 😂
Well at least we don’t have to look at them for long I guess.

Edit: my missus just said “ You’ve got issues with the logos? Seriously ya bunch of pansies, get a life” 😂😂

Last edited:
The only difference I noted is that when you're watching something, the time elapsed display is now in a bubble. Amazing.

Hmm seems Google didn’t get the memo 🤔

DCA86B45-4CE8-41D7-A20F-9F47486E5987.jpeg

It’s still listed as a feature at Apple.com though
1D6A93F8-F250-4488-9EF1-1CCDE7930FBA.jpeg

All installed quickly and working well here. DV and ATMOs fine on ITunes content and Disney plus.
Finally the problem with Dolby Vision has been fixed. :clap: The problem that makes the picture intermittently look like a colour negative that was first reported in the US Apple community back in November 2019.

Finally the problem with Dolby Vision has been fixed. :clap: The problem that makes the picture intermittently look like a colour negative that was first reported in the US Apple community back in November 2019.
Same here. The test scene from The Matrix that I use now works correctly, even after multiple restarts. Hooray!

Wow saw the Atmos and Vision thing. With all due respect...I think if that bothers you you’re doing pretty well in life to have to worry about that. But hey that’s me

But it does look fugly and like a sticker outside toy store lol.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom