Apple TV 4K Owners Thread

I was looking forward to a new ATV
May be a surprise addition with the iPhone announcement but unlikely

Finally the problem with Dolby Vision has been fixed. :clap: The problem that makes the picture intermittently look like a colour negative that was first reported in the US Apple community back in November 2019.
Great. Was this the same issue raised with Darker DOLBYVISION on Netflix via AppleTV4k. Or is this another issue fixed?

i had purchased Goodfellas in HDR iTunes which was unwatchable due to it looking like a negative as per your description. Will try to see if it has improved.

Last edited:
I just tried iTunes Movies in HDR “GOODFELLAS” and “AMERICAN MADE”.

Both are still unwatchable. Goodfellas looks better in SDR on Prime.

How do I get Dolby Atmos through AirPods? I have an LG b9 tv. I can’t get any option to show Dolby Atmos on the ATV.

Bloody hell could’ve sworn it was, they said they were going to let two people listen via AirPods as well. They are missing a trick it would be ideal for ATV.

The audio sharing on Apple TV is there already though. When you connect one set of airpods it has a share audio option underneath the connected ones.

It may yet come with a faster ATV though it would only be for one person I imagine

You could be onto something here, the ATV4K may be more modern than say the iPhone 7 but all the devices in the support link are Bluetooth 4.2 or newer, the ATV is only 4.0

Sharing is enabled but the spatial audio requires a lot of clever processing (I think it might be done by the neural engine which the ATV doesn't have... yet). Has anyone tried spatial audio with AirPod sharing on iOS?

For more chat about the Spatial Audio I've made a thread in the headphones area

Updated last night, all went fine. Now ITV player constantly crashes back to homepage when trying to watch anything.

I just tried iTunes Movies in HDR “GOODFELLAS” and “AMERICAN MADE”.

Both are still unwatchable. Goodfellas looks better in SDR on Prime.

Goodfellas has very low APL. It looked dark on disc and stream must look similar. Many have complained about the darkness.

IMO it is darker but it's detailed than the BD with film grain in tact.

Goodfellas has very low APL. It looked dark on disc and stream must look similar. Many have complained about the darkness.

IMO it is darker but it's detailed than the BD with film grain in tact.
No issue with Film grain. Yes it is so dark the colours are dead. Unwatchable.

No issue with Film grain. Yes it is so dark the colours are dead. Unwatchable.

That's exactly how the disc looks. If you are in close contact with our brothers at Warner, you could persuade them to.jack up the light levels lol.

It was never slow but my ATV definitely seems a little snappier than it was all round. Definitely feels abit more polished in the menus and my library’s load quicker switching between US and U.K. accounts.

I even quite like the cutesy cutesy Dolby logos.

Happy with the way it’s evolved into IOS 14.

Updated - the dolby vision and dolby atmos logos now look ridiculous
Yeah but they look ridiculous everywhere, not just Apple. Check the Dolby website, they need to sack their design team.

That's exactly how the disc looks. If you are in close contact with our brothers at Warner, you could persuade them to.jack up the light levels lol.
Actually my Brother in Law is a Senior Lawyer for them, not that they would care about that.

Hmmmm anyone else having trouble playing back any TV episodes from iTunes purchases?
Trying to watch an episode of X Files and it’s constantly buffering and then getting a popup saying having trouble playing back this content, I’ve closed all apps down and restart but still the same.
So I’ve just got my ATV4 from upstairs which is still on tvOS 13 and it’s playing back fine so can only guess it’s a tvOS 14 issue.

Dunno if it helps but the X-Files is “free” to watch if you subscribe to amazon prime

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom