Apple TV 4K Owners Thread

Silly question!, is it possible to use Alexa voice Search to find movies etc whilst using the ATV or is that just amazon devices ?.

Hello to all, WOW, so many writers...hope my question was not posted too many times :)
Got some days ago, apple tv 4k - 64gb, model A1842, also got a problem:

1. my remote accelerometer and three-axis gyro does not work in games. Tried multiple games, same. Remote inself works very good in other situations (except tilt games). I reset her, paired again, same.

My actual tvos is 14.0 - 18J5354d, public beta 4. Can be a software issue? Or hardware one?

2. and also, from what i understand, i cannot downgrade from 14 to 13 is it?

Thank you in advance! :)
If you give me the name of a free game I will try for you.

Anyway, seems my problem is already solved, dunno how, i will explain what i did and after that, saw problem fixed.
1- i changed the atv in living room, was in bedroom for test and so on;
2- buyed second QED Performance Premium HDMI Cable (got one already);
3- connected atv-av-tv with apple explanation for dolby vision and atmos, seems works, got on Netflix Vision Logo;
4- after these tests of Vision and Atmos, my dead told me: why you dont try again the tilt in games?
5- i tried, problem fixed and i have 0% explanations how problem was from initial setup...

Silly question!, is it possible to use Alexa voice Search to find movies etc whilst using the ATV or is that just amazon devices ?.
Alexa is there anyone out there ? 😂😂

Anyone using one of these?

Apparently works with Apple TV 4K.

Carl

Carl
Yes - it's brilliant. Swapped it for the official one a few months ago and not looked back.

I’m sold as I hate the Apple remote. Do you control anything else with it too?

Carl

It's limited, but one stop for me. I have it set up to control my TV on/off, my AMP input and volume and on/off, and my Apple TV. Struggles with fast-forward / rewind a little.

Carl
Yes - it's brilliant. Swapped it for the official one a few months ago and not looked back.
I was looking at this the other day on amazon. The reviews didn’t inspire me and someone said it doesn’t work with Apple TV 4K. But looking at the compatibility list it does. Does it do the 10 second skip forward and back as I like that feature?
I have an LG CX TV and new LG sound bar so wondering if it’d all work. When you say the official one I’m assuming you mean the one posted? Thanks. Sorry for all the questions.

I was looking at this the other day on amazon. The reviews didn’t inspire me and someone said it doesn’t work with Apple TV 4K. But looking at the compatibility list it does. Does it do the 10 second skip forward and back as I like that feature?
I have an LG CX TV and new LG sound bar so wondering if it’d all work. When you say the official one I’m assuming you mean the one posted? Thanks. Sorry for all the questions.

Official as in the Apple one rather than the All4One.

The 10 second thing doesn't work for me, perhaps it's my settings.

I've got one and love it. It's fiddly to set up and will appear to not control the ATV. You have to set it to a different model and then get the ATV to learn the remote. You can custom programme most of the buttons so can add a couple of faves from your other remotes. It works for me very well.

Main downside is there is no way to set the Home button as this isn't IR on the Apple remote. So no account switching or app closing. But for basic navigation it's great.

Has anyone else found the ATV4k is dimmer on dolby vision than their internal tv app when watching netflix at all? Its noticeably dimmer on my atv with all the same picture settings

Has anyone else found the ATV4k is dimmer on dolby vision than their internal tv app when watching netflix at all? Its noticeably dimmer on my atv with all the same picture settings
I have recently lost Dolby Vision altogether for Netflix on ATV. When I did have it, DV implementation was too dark and exhibited black crush on my Panasonic EZ952. HDR is so variable between provider/app/hardware/TV *sigh

Well i got one of these and its fantastic. Works with Apple TV on all the buttons needed. It works for my LG TV and the volume on my Denon avr. I want to programme a few buttons but its worth the £20.

Carl

using a harmony 665,controls all my gear including apple tv4k,works a charm.

My harmony hub works really well with Apple TV 4K

Does anyone know of a universal remote that has the Apple TV app button configurable on it? I use it a lot to get back to the watch now screen.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom