Apple TV 4K Owners Thread

I have the 32gb box coming tomorrow. I want to connect this through my Denon receiver. Is there anything i should do to make sure this works as well as it should?

Mines connected via my Denon receiver, you shouldn’t need to do anything special, just turn on match range and frame rate.

That’s great. Can I go through any of the hdmi input?

Depends on the Denon model I suppose, if the HDMI is 4K and everything.

I got a question also, i dont have 4K on youtube. I read some times ago, that tvos 14 will be able to play 4k youtube.
Is not working for me on v14 beta 4, today i installed beta 5. Same, no 4k in YT.
Can somebody tell me what i can do?

I got a question also, i dont have 4K on youtube. I read some times ago, that tvos 14 will be able to play 4k youtube.
Is not working for me on v14 beta 4, today i installed beta 5. Same, no 4k in YT.
Can somebody tell me what i can do?
What you need to do is just sit back and wait for Google to update the YouTube app to enable 4K functionality 😉

Why do people download beta versions? Just asking for trouble.
I've been on the public Beta programme on the ATV since I got it over a year ago. Never had an issue other than occasionally my Harmony Elite wouldn't shut the box down. Always got fixed in next beat.

However I accept that if the ATV is your only streaming option you are taking a risk. If I had issue I could always use my Shield or Firestick

Has anyone brought any of the belkin hdmi cables? I've noticed that there is a 4k with 18 gigabit for around £20 and one that supports 4k/8k at 48 gigabits...im currently using a Sanus hdmi cable but I've noticed its being a bit ropey when I do the hdmi connection test...tidel was playing up last night when playing dolby atmos where the screen would go purple,cut off then come back on again...so I'm thinking of getting six of these so the whole system are using the same cables....my set up is...

LG 55B7 oled tv.

Ps4 pro.

Xbox one X.

Sony ubp x700 4k Blu-ray player.

Apple 4k 64 gig box.

Sky Q v3 2tb box...

sorry I forgot to add a samsung HW-N950 7.1.4 soundbar.

Has anyone brought any of the belkin hdmi cables? I've noticed that there is a 4k with 18 gigabit for around £20 and one that supports 4k/8k at 48 gigabits...im currently using a Sanus hdmi cable but I've noticed its being a bit ropey when I do the hdmi connection test...tidel was playing up last night when playing dolby atmos where the screen would go purple,cut off then come back on again...so I'm thinking of getting six of these so the whole system are using the same cables....my set up is...

LG 55B7 oled tv.

Ps4 pro.

Xbox one X.

Apple 4k 64 gig box.

Sky Q v3 2tb box...

I have these cables. I have the 2.1 ones. They are two versions of these available, both HDMI 2.1 cables, the more expensive are the newer models with braided cable, otherwise no real difference. I wouldn’t say it’s made a huge amount of difference. I got them for the new consoles as well as my sound system and tv has HDMI 2.1 inputs so that’ll help in the future with e-arc.
None of the devices you’ve listed have HDMI 2.1 inputs so I doubt it would make a whole lot of difference but if you are upgrading in the future definitely worth it :)

Thank you for your reply...its only because Apple recommends using these cables to get the best out of the apple 4k box..ive not really upgraded my hdmi cables for a good few years and was thinking of using all the same cables to keep it simple...the sanus cable seems to be giving me problems recently with my apple box....so I thought it was time for a change.

I upgraded to these last month when I got a Lg Cx. First oled I’ve owned and it’s fantastic. I think the Apple TV has been having a few issues with the last software updates anyway, I mean for me at least, just feels like it’s been messing around more than usual. Hoping tvOS 14 next month will make it better.
They are good cables. I got them from amazon in the end and I got shouted at for spending “that much” on “just cables.” Joys of a joint account lol. But I wanted to future proof it all but i wouldn’t say it’s really done much to the overall speed or quality of the image as I had my old ones plugged in for a while until these came in the post and they still look just as good. I think if you are getting a new console or using e-arc it’s definitely worth it 👍

I use Amazon basics hdmi cables and I have no issues whatsoever. Spending any more than these cost will not improve picture quality or speed, whatever anyone says.

I use Amazon basics hdmi cables and I have no issues whatsoever. Spending any more than these cost will not improve picture quality or speed, whatever anyone says.
I did look at the Amazon basic cables but my Samsung sounbar is a bit of a git with the size of the actual hdmi head...so the sanus cables have the smaller head that’s easier for connecting.The Belgian ones have the same size connections I’ve managed to get some for about £12 each so I’m happy with that.

I initially used an Amazon Basic cable. Dolby Vision didn’t work, had sparkles and picture breakup. A Belkin cable fixed it.

I initially used an Amazon Basic cable. Dolby Vision didn’t work, had sparkles and picture breakup. A Belkin cable fixed it.
I acknowledge that there can be compatibility issues with some cables, depending on the specifics of an av system, issues that may have developed with a particular cable, length of cable run, etc but the simple fact that I was putting across is the fact that if it is compatible no cable will improve the picture quality. Cost of cable invariably has no bearing.

LG 55B7 oled tv.

Ps4 pro.

Xbox one X.

Apple 4k 64 gig box.

Sky Q v3 2tb box...
Hi, you dont need HDMI 2.1 since ATV 4K support “only” 2.0.
I own two hdmi cables (QED PERFORMANCE PREMIUM HDMI) and yes, they are premium.
At 1.5m and 3m, QED offer lifetime guarantee.
Also, i can see Dolby Vision logo in Netflix and Dolby Atmos.
Good luck, chose smart :)

Hi i have just got an Apple TV 4K (where have you been all my life!?) and have some observations regarding BBC iPlayer on Apple TV

The live tv streams are much higher quality than playstation 4 pro... i feel that i no longer need a freesat box, fantastic. But where is the TV guide that tells you what’s on in the future?

With Apple TV set to 60hz and match frame rate turned on, VOD content plays back in 50hz but live tv doesn’t switch output and plays back at default frame rate... so i have set apple tv to output 50hz SDR to get the best frame rate

There is some UHD content on the PS4 pro BBC iPlayer app such as His Dark Materials and Dracula, which is only in HD on Apple TV... why don’t the BBC put their UHD content on Apple TV?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom