Apple TV 4K Owners Thread

Goodfellas - watched the first 40 minutes. Is it dark? Yes. Is it unwatchable? No way.

To my eyes, it's looks excellent on my OLED. They just went for a low picture level but the colours pop and shine in deep blacks peppered by a nice layer of film grain.

Anybody here running an Apple TV 4K with an Epson 6050ub projector? I just updated to os 14 and now I can’t enable HDR. I could does so before the update.
Thanks

Updated last night, all went fine. Now ITV player constantly crashes back to homepage when trying to watch anything.
I have the same problem. Have you, or anybody, found a solution? I deleted the app, reloaded and signed in again, but to no avail.

Watching a movie purchased from apple called Constantine, it’s in HD, when I click my tv (LG cx)info button on my remote It says 2160p, despite the movie being I presume HD 1080p.

I have match frame rate and dynamic range on, so bit confused. Isn't it supposed to display the original content being played and not upscale with these settings?

I also have the Apple box set to 4K SDR, but think that’s for the menus only.

Watching a movie purchased from apple called Constantine, it’s in HD, when I click my tv (LG cx)info button on my remote It says 2160p, despite the movie being I presume HD 1080p.

I have match frame rate and dynamic range on, so bit confused. Isn't it supposed to display the original content being played and not upscale with these settings?

I also have the Apple box set to 4K SDR, but think that’s for the menus only.
Match Frame Rate and Match Dynamic Range does just that matches frame rate and the dynamic range, there is no resolution matching on ATV4K which is why you see 2160p. This is the same for both HD and SD content.

Match Frame Rate and Match Dynamic Range does just that matches frame rate and the dynamic range, there is no resolution matching on ATV4K which is why you see 2160p. This is the same for both HD and SD content.
Ok thanks, just wasn’t sure, so all good then.

Well found out last night that atmos isn’t playing since update all I get is multi in +DSur or multichannel in tried everything so reset of atv and AVR this morning

Problems with Apple TV / Dolby, and HomePods.

Can’t say where the fault lies, so starting here in the Apple TV 4K forum.
I have an Apple TV 4K and a Sony DN1080 plugged into a 2019 LG C9. HDMI 2.1 recognised by all and using earc for audio passthrough.

This all works great for me. It is the introduction of a HomePod that is giving me problems.
I wanted to add another speaker mostly for when playing music at home. I have a Dolby surround setup in an open plan living room and there is a kitchen/dining area behind that.
When in the kitchen, I am out of the bubble, so the HomePod fills in the sound for me. Again this works fine.

Where it all breaks down is when I watch any Dolby material. The moment I had the Homepod with airplay 2 the output of the Sony is forced into 2.0 stereo for some reason. I have tried this with Plex, Infuse and Apple TV+ and the same thing happens. Adding the HomePod via Airplay 2 seems to confuse each of the apps. Even when I disengage the HomePod, it takes a few restarts of the particular player app to force it to recognise the audio as Dolby.

So don’t know if I am asking for too much here, or there is some method to get it to work correctly. I never intended to have the HomePod engaged when watching film/tv material, but still think that it shouldn’t go so ballistic.

Good news is that it does do the job for which I intended. Be good if it was a little more robust.

Running TVos 14, and HomePod 13.4.8.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Updated last night, all went fine. Now ITV player constantly crashes back to homepage when trying to watch anything.
BigTelHols, I think I have resolved the issue!
In Settings, select Apps then TV. Then under Connect to TV select ITV Hub. Select Remove and Clear Play History. Then switch it back to ‘On’ so that ITV Hub is added back to the TV App.
It means that you lose all you current bookmarking for the shows that you may have been watching, but the Hub no longer crashes. Hope this works for you.

BigTelHols, I think I have resolved the issue!
In Settings, select Apps then TV. Then under Connect to TV select ITV Hub. Select Remove and Clear Play History. Then switch it back to ‘On’ so that ITV Hub is added back to the TV App.
It means that you lose all you current bookmarking for the shows that you may have been watching, but the Hub no longer crashes. Hope this works for you.
Just tried this, didn't work for me unfortunately. May have to wait for a patch/update.

which of apple tv players support DV ?
plex ,infuse , mrmc ?
i have single layer rips

Anyone else here had issues using ITV Hub and All 4 apps since TV iOS14 update and can you update the apps?? Each time I try and update either app I get the error ‘the developer has removed the app from the store’ any ideas??

Im guess
Anyone else here had issues using ITV Hub and All 4 apps since TV iOS14 update and can you update the apps?? Each time I try and update either app I get the error ‘the developer has removed the app from the store’ any ideas??

Sounds like the developers haven’t released apps that are compatible with tv os 14 yet

Well found out last night that atmos isn’t playing since update all I get is multi in +DSur or multichannel in tried everything so reset of atv and AVR this morning
Well reset and still the same no atmos fired up the Blu-ray player and atmos with a couple of discs so obviously ATV problem

Not sure if this is the right place but does anyone know if you can output Dolby atmos on Apple TV 4K with the amazon echo studio speaker?

Is it apps not playing Atmos, or is it itunes stuff? I tested Knives Out and that played Atmos fine for me from my iTunes library.

Not sure if this is the right place but does anyone know if you can output Dolby atmos on Apple TV 4K with the amazon echo studio speaker?
I’d very much doubt it, I’d bet on that being a hard no.

You can’t, nope. I thought I had found a nice easy “neat” solution for atmos, but it only works on the fire stick So I returned it after trying all sorts.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom