Apple TV+ service

Cheers for the feedback, I'm old school and where I live the internet speed is crap and won't be improving anytime soon and I just thought I'd ask being as the apple TV+ web site mentions D/L

Taken from Apple web site:

Apple TV+ features new Apple Originals every month. All ad-free and available on demand. And one subscription includes access for up to six family members at no additional cost.2 Watch in stunning 4K HDR with Dolby Atmos sound.3 Download whatever you want and watch offline.

Sod it going to take a 7 day trial see what the fuss is about.
Agree with the netflix 4k comments.
I did find iPlayer UHD of seven world's one planet very good

Cheers for the feedback, I'm old school and where I live the internet speed is crap and won't be improving anytime soon and I just thought I'd ask being as the apple TV+ web site mentions D/L

Taken from Apple web site:

Apple TV+ features new Apple Originals every month. All ad-free and available on demand. And one subscription includes access for up to six family members at no additional cost.2 Watch in stunning 4K HDR with Dolby Atmos sound.3 Download whatever you want and watch offline.
Ah, I see. Sorry to hear about your internet. I've been there and it sucks. You can download episodes to your mobile device (iPad/iPhone/Android phone), but they will not be in 4K. There is no option to download episodes on either my work iMac or my home PC.

Sod it going to take a 7 day trial see what the fuss is about.
Agree with the netflix 4k comments.
I did find iPlayer UHD of seven world's one planet very good
IPlayer is a funny one. When they do their HLG specials it’s absolutely stunning indeed. I wish they would do that all the time.

Is it possible to download any of the TV programs and films in 4k etc and watch later or is streaming the only choice??
Don’t know whether it is 4K, knowing Apple it will be a format optimised for the device you are watching it on. But you can definitely download.
D181CB0F-D754-4FA5-80CF-4A9249283632.jpeg

Don’t know whether it is 4K, knowing Apple it will be a format optimised for the device you are watching it on. But you can definitely download.

See my post above. It's just for mobile, and definitely not 4K.

I've been trying to sign up to this with no luck at all. The Apple website refuses to take any of my payment cards. No idea what's going on.

Wasn’t going to sign up for this, especially with so so early reviews of the content, but the impressions of actual users rather than critics seems overwhelmingly positive for both content and audio/visual quality, I think I probably will.

Wasn’t going to sign up for this, especially with so so early reviews of the content, but the impressions of actual users rather than critics seems overwhelmingly positive for both content and audio/visual quality, I think I probably will.
No need to sign up straight away, you can watch the first couple of episodes without committing.

My god See! The picture quality is off the scale.

The dashboard is a car crash though... Like Amazon Prime was in the olden days... No obvious way of seeing what you can watch for free, what you need to pay extra for and what you've paid for as part of your sub. It's a mess.

Apple seem to present ATV+ as a channel within Apple TV. I prefer the Movies app to watch Itunes movies so the number of clicks to navigate from a movie buried in that app to one of the ATV+ shows is dire and accompanied by the Netlfix inspired background trailer auto-play.
At least with Prime you can start the app (esp. easy when a LG TV app) and it's just a few clicks down to Watch Next for the next episode of all the series you're following.

Apple seem to present ATV+ as a channel within Apple TV. I prefer the Movies app to watch Itunes movies so the number of clicks to navigate from a movie buried in that app to one of the ATV+ shows is dire and accompanied by the Netlfix inspired background trailer auto-play.
At least with Prime you can start the app (esp. easy when a LG TV app) and it's just a few clicks down to Watch Next for the next episode of all the series you're following.
AppleTV TV app combines all the services ;) So in my view next I see shows from both Apple TV channel, BBC iPlayer but also Amazon Prime. It is brilliant to have such a unified interface.

Well except for Netflix, they aren't playing to the standards :(

AppleTV TV app combines all the services ;) So in my view next I see shows from both Apple TV channel, BBC iPlayer but also Amazon Prime. It is brilliant to have such a unified interface.

Well except for Netflix, they aren't playing to the standards :(
It would be good if it separated paid for content. As it is it's just frustrating to flick through and find something interesting just to find out that you have to pay for it .

It would be good if it separated paid for content. As it is it's just frustrating to flick through and find something interesting just to find out that you have to pay for it .
If you only want TV+ programmes then you can simply hop to the TV+ channel. Then you only have that content. And once you start watching it it appears in your Watch Next list, that doesn’t get combined with paid for content, only had what you are watching.

If you only want TV+ programmes then you can simply hop to the TV+ channel. Then you only have that content. And once you start watching it it appears in your Watch Next list, that doesn’t get combined with paid for content, only had what you are watching.

Is that on a column or a row within the Apple TV app on the ATV?

The subjective impressions that the PQ seems better than other 4K streams is being backed up by measurements of bitrates higher than even for Itunes movies. It's a shame that the content is buried as a channel within Apple TV and the free year is only for new purchases, but its a good start for a new service that certainly makes the HD we get on normal TV look years behind.

The subjective impressions that the PQ seems better than other 4K streams is being backed up by measurements of bitrates higher than even for Itunes movies. It's a shame that the content is buried as a channel within Apple TV and the free year is only for new purchases, but its a good start for a new service that certainly makes the HD we get on normal TV look years behind.

I did not know this, but yes it appears you're right: Apple TV+ boasts highest bitrate of any 4K streaming service, report says

I feel reassured by this. I got good eyes innit!

We watched The Morning Show episode one last night and the BBC 2* review was a disgrace. We thought it was fantastic.

See... Meh. All a bit silly and nonsensical. Will give it a good go though before dismissing it but struggling to get my head around the implausibility of the whole premise.

I watched the first episode of The Morning Show last night, loved it.

Haven’t watched anything else, but if it’s of a similar standard, I’ll most likely sign up.

We watched The Morning Show episode one last night and the BBC 2* review was a disgrace. We thought it was fantastic.

See... Meh. All a bit silly and nonsensical. Will give it a good go though before dismissing it but struggling to get my head around the implausibility of the whole premise.

I liked both, but same on The Morning Show. After reading Gompertz' review on BBC (two stars) I expected a car crash. What I got was some truly inspired drama packed with great performances. Bollocks to the beeb on this one.

I have a apple tv box on other tv not 4k one. Is there an app yet for this like on LG C8? or do I need to get another apple tv box?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom