AppleTV+ on XF9005?

StackH

Established Member
Reaction score
I don’t own an Apple TV box, but with Apple announcing that For All Mankind is free to stream for a limited time, I wondered if there was a way to watch it on an XF9005?

I can’t see a way to Airplay from my Apple devices, and the only Android device I have is an old J3 which doesn’t support Miracast or Smart View. I’ve also tried the built in Internet Browser but pages on the Apple TV site don’t load properly and the sign in functionality doesn’t work at all.

I know I can watch it directly on my iPad, but would much prefer to watch it on a big screen if anyone has any suggestions?

I second this question - just ordered an iPad Air and would like a no fuss solution to watching Apple TV on the XF9005 without forking out again for an Apple TV box. I’m getting the sense there is no easy fix on the table though.

I have the XF9005 and I can’t find a way either via installed app or airplay to get it to view apple content sadly. A hdmi connector for the iPad is probably the only option

I’ve been using the PS4 Apple TV+ app since it released in November. Still not as convenient as an app on the TV, but at least I’ve been able to watch For All Mankind.

I’ve been using the PS4 Apple TV+ app since it released in November. Still not as convenient as an app on the TV, but at least I’ve been able to watch For All Mankind.
Apple TV has been announced as coming to chromecast TV in the new year so its possible it may come to other android TVs like the XF

The other alternative is a roku stick but it will take up one of the enhanced hdmi's if you want to watch in 4k HDR as the roku works at 60 fps on most apps

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom