Aquaman Review & Comments

Saw the trailer the other week and that was enough to convince me it was not worth watching in the cinema or at home.

I've tried, I really have. I have racked my brains, even wracked them. Visited shamen, consulted with clerics of every faith, read the sacred texts and still cannot find any similarities between Aquaman and Romancing The Stone, other than that they are both films.

Boy Meets Girl, Boy Isn't sure he likes Girl. Boy has hair-raising adventures & close escapes with Girl. Boy suddenly discovers he likes Girl A LOT!
( I haven't seen Aquaman yet, but I'm guessing that's the premise)

Saw the trailer the other week and that was enough to convince me it was not worth watching in the cinema or at home.

Aha! So your plan is to either a) visit a friend & watch it at their House, or b) wait until a neighbour has it on, & watch it through their window. :thumbsup:
(If b) suggest to bundle up well and bring along a thermos or two of hot spiced wine!)
IMG_20181214_145654967.jpg

Last edited:
Drive-in?
Do they do Drive-ins at this time of year? If so, suggest bring the beverage from my b) suggestion, plus add a designated driver :)

Do they do Drive-ins at this time of year? If so, suggest bring the beverage from my b) suggestion, plus add a designated driver :)

Another method might be to hook up a fibre-optic cable in the theatre, then leave and watch from the foyer.

Although whenever I do that I get banned.

Not CGI, but really bad CGI. Which the trailer had plenty of.
Personally I think this is one that absolutely needs to be seen in the biggest screen possible, and the cgi is actually pretty good and has been worked on since the trailer was out.

Take a chance on it.

I've tried, I really have. I have racked my brains, even wracked them. Visited shamen, consulted with clerics of every faith, read the sacred texts and still cannot find any similarities between Aquaman and Romancing The Stone, other than that they are both films.

I wonder if they actually meant Jewel of the Nile, thanks to it's desert interlude. I got more of a Indiana Jones & The Last Crusade vibe myself, especially with
the ancient king bit (although in this he's a hologram. A Holo-King).

Going to watch it on Sunday. Or rather, she's going to watch Jason Momoa on Sunday and I'm allowed to tag along.

A good movie ruined by the hidden female agenda, women are better than men.

Loved it. Perhaps the best super hero film I've ever seen. Visually stunning in IMAX 3D.

I wonder if they actually meant Jewel of the Nile, thanks to it's desert interlude. I got more of a Indiana Jones & The Last Crusade vibe myself, especially with
the ancient king bit (although in this he's a hologram. A Holo-King).

It's possible, but then Lawrence Of Arabia also had a fair bit of sand in it.

Boy Meets Girl, Boy Isn't sure he likes Girl. Boy has hair-raising adventures & close escapes with Girl. Boy suddenly discovers he likes Girl A LOT!
( I haven't seen Aquaman yet, but I'm guessing that's the premise)

Aha! So your plan is to either a) visit a friend & watch it at their House, or b) wait until a neighbour has it on, & watch it through their window. :thumbsup:
(If b) suggest to bundle up well and bring along a thermos or two of hot spiced wine!)
View attachment 1096905

Y-e-s, except half-fish-boy meets fish-girl and pretty much likes her from the get-go, what with her looking very much like Amber Heard in a skintight green onesie.

We loved it. Even daughter no. 2 who is very sceptical of DC movies was pleasantly surprised. 9/10

Enjoyed it, took me a little while to get into it but was on board by the time the drumming octopus came on :D
Loved Amber Heard as Ariel she really is stunning.
JM is great& it looked spectacular, I watched it on the brand new Screen X at MK cineworld and it was a great fit.
Also Nicole Kidman was awesome as Queen Atlanna

Enjoyed it, took me a little while to get into it but was on board by the time the drumming octopus came on :D
Loved Amber Heard as Ariel she really is stunning.
JM is great& it looked spectacular, I watched it on the brand new Screen X at MK cineworld and it was a great fit.
Also Nicole Kidman was awesome as Queen Atlanna
My only real big negative was the actor playing Black Manta who for me just didn’t work. He had a massive personality vacuum with zero charisma & was borderline terrible, it was much improved once he had the huge comic booky mask on and was glad his story strand was a semi minor sub plot.
anyone notice the Annabelle doll at the bottom of the ocean in one scene, nice director call back from James Wan
Also- On a side note: this is gonna make a very nice looking 4k Disc.

My only real big negative was the actor playing Black Manta who for me just didn’t work. He had a massive personality vacuum with zero charisma & was borderline terrible, it was much improved once he had the huge comic booky mask on and was glad his story strand was a semi minor sub plot.
anyone notice the Annabelle doll at the bottom of the ocean in one scene, nice director call back from James Wan

There was so much Aquaman-lore shoehorned into this film that I lost count of the number of times characters were not so much dialoguing as giving the audience exposition and backstory.

This could be the new 4k demo disk to be fair, stunning looking movie.

Best cinema viewing is to go to imax. If you are going to pay silly imax prices you generally are going to watch the film.
You would think so, that's what I've always thought but I saw it on IMAX and there were still people chatting and playing with their phones (not the first time this has happened either).

Anyhoo, enjoyed this myself - not the greatest superhero film and yep has its cheesy moments and a tad derivative but visually jaw-dropping and a treat on an IMAX screen...despite the above!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom