Aquaman Review & Comments

I saw it last night, worst cinema experience I've ever had. Guy next to me in the cinema was coughing, sniffing, twitching, eating loudly, even had his phone out twice. I told him to leave in the end so only watched the last 3/4 hours concentrated without interruptions. I think I enjoyed it a lot but need another viewing. Sucks.

Probably an 8 for me, but really need that second viewing to confirm.

I saw it last night, i think it has been overhyped. I was a bit long in places. Agree that Manta was not really needed or needed fleshing out. It was a little but cheesey in places and some scenes seemed forced and didnt work. But visually it was great, liked the story and Jason Mamoa was great as Aquaman. I give it around 6.5

I saw it last night, worst cinema experience I've ever had. Guy next to me in the cinema was coughing, sniffing, twitching, eating loudly, even had his phone out twice. I told him to leave in the end so only watched the last 3/4 hours concentrated without interruptions. I think I enjoyed it a lot but need another viewing. Sucks.

Four Chinese girls came in 15 minutes after the film had started, then preceded to pass their phones to each other, talk, twiddle their hair and eventually go to sleep to the point that after it finished people where just pushing past them to get out cos they hadn’t woken up yet.

Four Chinese girls came in 15 minutes after the film had started, then proceeded to pass their phones to each other, talk, twiddle their hair and eventually go to sleep to the point that after it finished people were just pushing past them to get out cos they hadn’t woken up yet.

And this, in a nutshell, is why I no longer go to the cinema anymore.:facepalm:

Last edited:
best cinema viewing I find is to wait a week or two, then book the earliest showing possible on a week day, we've often been the only ones in the cinema which is great, does require a day off work though but has been worth it for me, wouldnt dream of doing it any other way now.

But then again, if everyone did this i'd be screwed :)

best cinema viewing I find is to wait a week or two, then book the earliest showing possible on a week day, we've often been the only ones in the cinema which is great, does require a day off work though but has been worth it for me, wouldnt dream of doing it any other way now.

This is pretty much my only route to get a decent big screen experience, but back in the day (and this is me probably showing my age), I remember having amazing cinema experiences in a fully packed cinema in or around Leicester Square - usually on a Wednesday afternoon when I had no Uni lectures.

At that time the cinema crowd actually used to watch and immerse themselves in the film rather than constantly fiddle with their phones or chat with each other. Nothing topped watching Independence Day with the whole crowd whooping and cheering at all the cheesy one-liners, or crowds erupting into simultaneous uncontrollable laughter throughout 'There's Something About Mary'. You could also feel the entire audience locked into a dead hush over the intensity and horrors of flicks like Seven or Saving Private Ryan. Watching films in these kind of environments really added something to the whole experience and made cinema-going really worthwhile in those days.

Nowadays you'd be lucky to watch a film in a packed theatre without wanting to kill half the audience!

This is how I justify to people having my own home cinema. Nothing better knowing you don’t have to worry about idiots like this!

This is pretty much my only route to get a decent big screen experience, but back in the day (and this is me probably showing my age), I remember having amazing cinema experiences in a fully packed cinema in or around Leicester Square - usually on a Wednesday afternoon when I had no Uni lectures.

At that time the cinema crowd actually used to watch and immerse themselves in the film rather than constantly fiddle with their phones or chat with each other. Nothing topped watching Independence Day with the whole crowd whooping and cheering at all the cheesy one-liners, or crowds erupting into simultaneous uncontrollable laughter throughout 'There's Something About Mary'. You could also feel the entire audience locked into a dead hush over the intensity and horrors of flicks like Seven or Saving Private Ryan. Watching films in these kind of environments really added something to the whole experience and made cinema-going really worthwhile in those days.

Nowadays you'd be lucky to watch a film in a packed theatre without wanting to kill half the audience!
I'm also of an age that remembers travelling down to Leicester Square Odeon from Derby to see the first Star Wars Movie :)
Yep, Audiences were really attentive in those Days - Lack of TV Channels, Home Cinema & Mobile Phones helped that a lot, I'd say! ;)
Living in Germany now we normally only get one English Language Movie a week at our Local CineStar, and many titles don't interest us enough to go, but when we do go, the Audience is there because they want to hear the Movie in English, so everyone is pretty well behaved and attentive.

Couldn’t hang about, Aquaman departing the Imax screen by this time next week.

Still in two minds to go and watch this.. last two xmas films at the movies have been star wars and sort off become mine and my sons traditional thing.....

Best cinema viewing is to go to imax. If you are going to pay silly imax prices you generally are going to watch the film.

Still in two minds to go and watch this.. last two xmas films at the movies have been star wars and sort off become mine and my sons traditional thing.....
It's got elements of Star Wars, Indiana Jones and Avatar about it I would say, if that helps I'd recommend it, and it's definitely worth seeing on the biggest screen possible rather than waiting for home release.

It's got elements of Star Wars, Indiana Jones and Avatar about it I would say, if that helps I'd recommend it, and it's definitely worth seeing on the biggest screen possible rather than waiting for home release.
Thanks Jimbo, now I have to convince my son to go and if there is no Kylo Ren or Batman he is not interested. :D Kids for you.

Just seen this... 9/10 for me. Was like a superhero romancing the stone.

Just shows how badly Justice League was handled compared to this and Wonder Woman.

Was like a superhero romancing the stone.
You got me right there! LOVE Romancing the Stone - another of my Guilty Pleasures. :)
Now I have to see it!

Home release has a lot of advantages!! :D

This is how I justify to people having my own home cinema. Nothing better knowing you don’t have to worry about idiots like this!

That, and being able to pause for a "comfort break" or if you need to fetch another bottle of wine :)

I know we sound like a bunch of grumpy old blokes, but I learned how to behave in the cinema thanks to my mum. She used to take us to Saturday morning showings and we had to sit quietly and pay attention.

Of course, this was then transferred to home viewing and I hated sitting with people who wanted to talk to me whilst a film was on. I still do!

The film experience just becomes so much better then, I wish modern audiences would realise this. People work so long and so hard on films, they at least deserve your undivided attention for a few hours.

How difficult is this?

Anyway, back on topic: I'm looking forward to adding this to my superhero collection in due course!

I get quite lot of Fridays off work, and love to sometimes grab the first showing on opening day. Assuming the kids aren't off school, it's bliss. Most films only have a handful of people there, and it's almost like your own private screening.

Guy next to me in the cinema was coughing, sniffing, twitching, eating loudly, even had his phone out twice. I told him to leave in the end
You told him to leave?! Quality! :laugh::rotfl:

The fightback against the morons continues...

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom