Question ARC CEC - LG C8 and Marantz NR1510

germanjulian

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,
this is my first AVR but I did read the manual(s), am technically not incompetent (I build my own PCs, work in IT etc) and this used to work:
Goal: I do NOT want that the Marantz AVR switches itself on when I switch the TV on. (or off when I switch off)

When I setup the AVR on Friday I went into the audio settings set sound out via HDMI with ARC and went to General and Simplink (CEC) and disabled the "Auto Power Sync" (yes I read the manual)

Everything worked as expected... switch on TV, AVR does not switch on... switch on manual and the audio is passed via ARC to the AVR. Switch of AVR audio goes back via TV speaker and if I switch off the TV the AVR does not switch off.

Until yesterday..:nono:.! Now I switch on the TV and the AVR switches itself on... the settings did not change nor did any firmware updates happen (always disable auto update).
I did a variety of random things aka disable HDMI audio out, I unplugged the HDMI cables, I disable Simplink fully also (did not realize that means audio does not go out via ARC any more) and switch it back on and disabled "Auto Power on" and even on the AVR I disabled "HDMI control" and "Power Off Control" (which is confusing to me as the manual does not explain if this is between HDMI to other devices or HDMI to TV via Arc ?).

I got the behaviour I want working again aka after I think the HDMI cable unplug and even after a full power cycle the behavior stayed TV and I patted myself on the back but 30 minutes later my wife switch on the TV and the AVR switched itself on again.... :facepalm:

I read how wonderful CEC is and that it more like magic voodoo and logic does not prevail but am I missing something?

CEC works depending on what side of the bed it get's out of in the morning. No two days seem the same. I've long given up and sit there with a plethora of remotes. You could buy something like the Harmony remote and control to control everything. The new format of eARC which both TV and receivers needs to have is said to have solved these handshake problems.

well changing from TV out to HDMI out on the TV is so quick I do the manual change....

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom