Question ARC Question

forever

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Bought a Cambridge Audio soundbar in the sales and am a bit confused about getting ARC to work in my setup.
Philips TV with Arc on Hdmi 1
Sky Mini box into HDMI 1 on the soundbar
Blu-ray into HDMI 2 on the soundbar
HDMI Out from the soundbar into the ARC HDMI port on the TV..

My problem is the mini box will not work with ARC I have to manually switch to the right output on the soundbar, the TV will output Netflix etc over ARC and all is good but not via sky just a blank screen and no sounds, anyone know what I am doing wrong as I am stuck :(

You're probably doing nothing wrong.
Sky boxes (and others) often don't do what they're supposed to do via ARC and CEC.

Any box connected to the soundbar will not use ARC that is Audio Return (from the TV to the soundbar) Connection.

Now, HDMI CEC should allow the TV remote volume to control the soundbar volume (but you may need to select it via the TV - home cinema rather than TV speakers).
HDMI CEC ought to allow the $ky box to auto-select the correct soundbar input and pass pictures on to the TV.

Make sure CEC (HDMI control) is on in the menus of all devices and then power them all off at the mains and bring them all back on. It might help.

If all else fails then connect the $ky box to the TV hdmi inputs, when it should then allow the sound to be sent to the bar via the TV arc cable.

Thanks, thought this would be a nice simple solution for the playroom :), i.e Wife friendly.. The TV remote can control the sound bar without issue, but will not auto switch it on/off when the tv and sky box come on... Plus if you watch netflix you have to manually switch to ARC on the soundbar..

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom