Arcam 850?? Pre-AMP

Sonic6956

Standard Member
Reaction score
So I have a arcam 850 ,arcam p25 biamping my Areius i speakers. Also a arcam a75 for my height channels. 9.3. System. 4xML Motion2 spk,2xMLmotion 4 spk. 2x SVS subs+1 klipsch sub. And my speakers are power hungry... don’t get me wrong it sounds great, but we all know we are never happy.. Anyway I want to pull the trigger on a bigger amp like a P 49 or o 1000So my question is I would appreciate any input on what would be the best power amp bi amp or just increase overall power Thank you Bill

Attachments

• A849CA33-2BB7-4D81-BC9B-E3DE44F5E970.jpeg
    A849CA33-2BB7-4D81-BC9B-E3DE44F5E970.jpeg
    244.9 KB · Views: 112
You'll want to stick with Arcam power amps, due to voltage matching (1V)

Why do you have four front speakers?

Isn't that theory only true if your speakers are set to large and didn't they subsequently find if set them to small as recommended by Dirac it was no longer an issue? To be fair using an AVR850 as just a pre-amp is a bit of a waste, the AV860 may not have the same issue and I think is actually cheaper than the AVr850.

A lot of the odd behaviour seen in the ASR AVR850 review was likely caused by the same HDMI misconfiguration as the initial Denon X4700h review. From a pure performance POV it is likely slightly better than the best measured Denons (Depending on power amp sensitivity).

Last edited:
Bryston or Parasound would give a nice boost. A P7 might. I've not seen any reliable tests of Class G.

The power amp stage eventually came to hold the Arcam designs back - just about every model after the A85 was a variation of the same design until Class G was adopted.

A pair of P1s would be another choice. Hardly ever come up though!

So I have a arcam 850 ,arcam p25 biamping my Areius i speakers. Also a arcam a75 for my height channels. 9.3. System. 4xML Motion2 spk,2xMLmotion 4 spk. 2x SVS subs+1 klipsch sub. And my speakers are power hungry... don’t get me wrong it sounds great, but we all know we are never happy.. Anyway I want to pull the trigger on a bigger amp like a P 49 or o 1000So my question is I would appreciate any input on what would be the best power amp bi amp or just increase overall power Thank you Bill
Hello how about the p25 vs internal amps of the avr850? I have an avr20 which I am delighted with but I always wonder if I will have more reservations if I add a stage to the fronts and I have seen a p25/3 at a good price and wondered if there would be any improvement in sound!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom