Arcam A75 volume issue

cornishgiant

Established Member
Reaction score
I picked up an Arcam A75 cheap recently and am enjoying it apart from one annoyance - you can’t fully control the volume via the remote.

the issue seems to be that the motor will turn the volume up so far but then ‘loses grip’. You can hear the motor turning but the volume does not go up last about 10 o’clock. The motor has no problem reducing the volume.

anyone aware of a diy fix for this?

When you turn the control manually, does it feel any stiffer around the 10 o'clock point?
Either way, I'd start with a little blast of this miracle stuff inside the pot (keep it well away from the motor / spindle friction point).
Give the pot a few full turns up/down after spraying. That may be all that's required (maybe it wasn't often taken beyond 10 o'clock and a build up of crud on the tracks, never got wiped away)
Otherwise I'm sure a good look will tell you everything - it will be an easy and rewarding fix......unless it's not and that's why the ***ker sold it 😄
Seriously, I'd enjoy sorting that out.

Last edited:
-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
well you know what? I manually turned the volume all the way up and all the way down a couple of times and it works fine - well blow me....

Now, is the A8 a significant upgrade from the A75? I'm tempted....

Nah...

If you want to upgrade best look towards an A32 or A38 if you want to stick with Arcam. These are a decent jump in price though. Looking at 500-550 used.

That was supposed to read a85...

Are the 32&38 good then? I really want an sa30...

The A32 is still considered (by most) the best amp Arcam has made to date. The SA30 does look nice, but like all Arcam products the price will plummet in a few years, so just sit back and wait..

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom