Arcam AVR390 / AVR550 / AVR850 including Dirac Live®

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too. Tried the 6db and that was way too much, then tried 4db which is better but still makes everything a bit too ‘full’. I could maybe live with 4db as some things sound quite good but music was a bit much. Back to default curve for me too.
This is why having multiple Dirac slots is great, I find the standard curve is great for music and a Harman +6dB has its's place for bass light content and a Harman +4 for movies.

This is why having multiple Dirac slots is great, I find the standard curve is great for music and a Harman +6dB has its's place for bass light content and a Harman +4 for movies.
Multiple slots? I wasn't aware there's multiple slots there's only one showing up on mine. How do you access more?

From new how long a burn in time would you allow before running Dirac?

I understand checking the speaker levels when using the Arcam's test tone is pre-dirac and not really representative of what I'm hearing, is that correct ?

If so I believe there's a way to check levels using REW and my umik mic, can anyone guide me through that process please?

Good question. Not that I am aware of. I use an external source to generate the test tones, and the SPL meter on REW to measure the db.
What's the external source?

I have a file that I can play on my HTPC that plays test tones to all channels.

Can someone explain why Dirac works with FM radio but not DAB. Thanks.

That's interesting. In Input Config Room EQ is greyed out and when I press Audio on the remote it says Not Available.

Here's mine..
20190216_194622.jpg

Yes just on the DAB input.

Attachments

• IMG_20190216_200758.jpg
    IMG_20190216_200758.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 43
My SR250 also allows Dirac on DAB but like Rambles, I don't use it & there's no aerial connected. Random guess but could it be you're tuned to a station broadcasting in mono?

DAB radio is a mix of mono and stereo channels. I take your point about the mono but there is no Dirac on any of the stereo channels either.

I would try mine but have no idea where the manky wire aerial is. Maybe try unplugging yours & see if Dirac becomes available then?

Not much use to you but would put you in the same scenario as me & Rambles.

Sorted! I use a separate radio rooftop ariel and after unplugging it and then plugging it back in I now have Dirac on DAB. The ariel has a screw thread connection into the Arcam which must have worked loose. My grateful thanks to you and Rambles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom