Question Arcam cds 27 , can it stream amazon HD?

Sanjazzy

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi jusy wondering if anyone knows a way of streaming Amamzon HD music to Arcam CDS 27. It is a UPNP streamer but not sure how to gwt amazon on it. Thank you for any help you can provide

It is only a UPNP streamer with no way of loading apps so no.

It is only a UPNP streamer with no way of loading apps so no.
Thanks for your reply, i read you could use bubbleUPNP app onnphone for spotify tidal quobuz so was wonderingnid there was a work around like that

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
I believe the link you quoted refers to the BubbleUPnP Android app's old & no longer available Amazon Cloud Drive function, which allowied playback of your own mp3 music files uploaded to the now defunct Amazon Music Storage service.

So not actually anything to do with the Amazon Music online music streaming service.

Thanks for your reply, i read you could use bubbleUPNP app onnphone for spotify tidal quobuz so was wonderingnid there was a work around like that
The BubbleUPnP Android app uses the officially provided APIs for its Qobuz and TIDAL functions, so is actually true support for those online music streaming services rather than a workaround.

BubbleUPnP doesn't actually support Spotify, so the possible workaround you could be referring to is its less well known Audio Cast function. This should allow you to send to a UPnP/DLNA streamer a capture of the phone's own audio being produced by another app such as the official Spotify app, so may also work with the official Amazon Music app.
However, BubbleUPnP's Audio Cast function is only available if you have previously installed & configured the Android Xposed Framework, which is only available to rooted Android devices. Also, don't expect the audio capture to be bit perfect, so a poorer quality sound than the original being produced by the music streaming app may possibly be sent to the UPnP/DLNA streamer.

Last edited:
The BubbleUPnP Android app uses the officially provided APIs for its Qobuz and TIDAL functions, so is actually true support for those online music streaming services rather than a workaround.

BubbleUPnP doesn't actually support Spotify, so the possible workaround you could be referring to is its less well known Audio Cast function. This should allow you to send to a UPnP/DLNA streamer a capture of the phone's own audio being produced by another app such as the official Spotify app, so may also work with the official Amazon Music app.
However, BubbleUPnP's Audio Cast function is only available if you have previously installed & configured the Android Xposed Framework, which is only available to rooted Android devices. Also, don't expect the audio capture to be bit perfect, so a poorer quality sound than the original being produced by the music streaming app may possibly be sent to the UPnP/DLNA streamer.
Thank you so much. Very informative. I think i might look for a Arcam Rplay for my streaming needs for the moment. Seems to suport amazon music out of the box :)

Thanks this is the article i saw , but couldnt see a way to link amazon hd, i emailed bubble directly and they said amazon dont allow 3rd party applications to access music library so they no longer support it :(

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom