Answered Are 4k Discs worth it?

I don't think there's a catagorical answer for that question. Some discs look great, others not so much.

Most recent example, Incredibles 2. It looked great on 4k, don't get me wrong. However, just out of curiosity I popped in the standard blu ray afterwards. There really wasnt much in it..

Last edited:
I think you need to be within 4 or 5 feet of screen to see 4k difference properly apparently?

When people come in and post stuff like this I do feel like they haven't read through the thread. I think most pro 4k folks would agree that the advantage of 4k UHD discs in HDR and wider colour gamut. You can see that no matter how far you sit.

not YOU but as in just viewers full stop, the general consensus is that the difference is negligible

not YOU but as in just viewers full stop, the general consensus is that the difference is negligible
I'll agree with Zantarous, I sit about 4 metres from my 65C8 and I can, on most of the stuff I have viewed, see a markable difference in colour depth and detail.
I love 4k discs, I just wish they were cheaper already.

I'll agree with Zantarous, I sit about 4 metres from my 65C8 and I can, on most of the stuff I have viewed, see a markable difference in colour depth and detail.
I love 4k discs, I just wish they were cheaper already.
i Sit the same and notice little difference

But as i said in original post i am using 7300 for which is pseudo-4k

i Sit the same and notice little difference

But as i said in original post i am using 7300 for which is pseudo-4k
I'm not saying that there is a huge difference, I have played a couple of blurays recently and they also look fantastic when upscaled - just not up to the 4k discs though.
All depends on what your expectations are I suppose, people that pay quite an amount for their tv, sound system etc are more than likely to want to watch their movies in the best possible quality even if they have to pay through the nose for 4k discs.

Check out Alpha on Blu Ray. Better picture than 90% of UHDs out there.

I'm holding out for 8K discs. :)

I can't wait to watch 28 Days Later in 8k :eek:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom