Arendal 1723 5.1 Speaker Package Review & Comments

Bit confused at first at the SRP of £1,500 haha. I thought Arendal had done some budget 5.1 pack.

Bit confused at first at the SRP of £1,500 haha. I thought Arendal had done some budget 5.1 pack.
That was just the price of the 1723 Monitors, I've changed it to reflect the price of the full package, subject to exchange rates of course.

Excellent. :smashin:

Just in case you're wondering what I'm on about, the Score in the Conclusion part of the review doesn't match the initial link Score.
The score is back now, it disappeared whilst I was changing the primary product to reflect the price of the entire speaker package.

The package is 5600 euros Steve so nearer £5k rather than the £6k you have listed, nice review though Steve:smashin:

Not sure Steve but think that UPS standard delivery is included but UPS express is a little extra. Even if standard was charged I imagine it would be no more than around£100.

I did post a link a short while ago from Arundel website regards delivery but it has vanished. As Antifon says standard UPS del included whilst Express delivery has a small charge added.

Yup
1/2 tonne of gear shipped for free
Let me quantify that
2x pair of Monitors + 2x pair of stands, 1x centre speaker, a pair of surrounds and 2x Sub 3's
A 60day trial and only 99 Euro return costs if you feel the need to return one or all of them

Last edited:
Hey guys.

Just a query, and no disrespect meant to @Steve Withers

I see the Arendals scored a very good score, yet the MK system scored higher as a 10, yet the markings totalled the same amount. I also find it unfair that the Arendals had a CON of being big and heavy? Come on, surely with all the tech spec within the review anyone looking to buy the speakers would know that? Surely the size and weight is an observation rather than a con? As we all know, big sound needs to come from something big?

If I read the review/handbook, would I buy the speakers? Nope, nothing to really get the juices going.

However, reading the dedicated threads, and the snippets by dodge the viper, lesmore, Dinoprada, arendal russ, cyberzent and Duffus, would I buy them, hell yes! (just need to work out the centre)

I do think that owning a full for about a month or so we could have got a bit more feedback, and some emotion involved in the review, rather than sounding like a robot reading the Arendal manual and quoting specs.

I think the owners provide more input and true genuine response to the product. Even though they can return them

Just my thoughts.

Steve

You have to remember that owners of things tend to be very enthusiastic about them as they've spent their hard earned cash on them. Reviewers are generally less emotional as they haven't. People like to justify their choices to themselves and to others.

That's not saying anything negative about the arendals or the owners that have commented, just an observation on human nature.

Anyway Steve says that they sound fantastic and is generally very positive about them so I can't see how he could have written more emotionally about them unless he'd maybe said he wanted to marry them.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom