Arendal Sound Subwoofers - Owners & Discussion

DodgeTheViper

Reaction score
A thread for owners of Arendal 1723 Subs, which is currently the Sub 1, Sub 2 & Sub 3.

1723 Series

I've created this new thread as the speculation about this exciting new range will very soon come to an end. So the real pics and real world testing & comments can go in here.

Last edited:
Oh right..... Thought you'd put an order in there
No Kev's got another 12 months of research to complete first :D

So who's the member that's ordered one??

No, although he may be waiting for one.

The other forum member, who is in the UK, is having his delivered by the end of this week.

paulst10?
And do we get a free sub if we guess it correctly?

If there are any free subs available, they'll be heading my way ;)

I'll give you a bonus point for the guess though :)

;) I get ya. That will be interesting to see how they compare with the SB13's

How good are we expecting these subs to be? they sure are interesting with the HDF construction and nice driver size.
Big step up from most other true sealed subs in price bracket? e.g. SVS, BK, XTZ (When plugged)

Unfortunately, it isn't me.. yet ;) I nearly ordered a Sub3 last night after a few swift Jack Daniels but decided to wait until I know we're going to be off work Monday & Tuesday just in case no-one was around to take the delivery. Unfortunately we're still none the wiser, but if I do order one later, I'll try not to keep it secret for too long ;)

I did speak to Jan over a few emails and had some questions for him, some may find the answers useful..

I asked how the Sub3 compared to an SVS PC or PB13Ultra..
Subwoofer 3 are comparable to the SVS PC13-Ultra and PB13-Ultra below 20-25Hz however it will outperform these above 30Hz and about double the output above 50Hz. Subwoofer 3 also have the advantage in its Dual Opposing driver configuration which will reduce the cabinet resonance by a lot and the total impulse response is far better.

And also how the Sub3 in sealed mode compared to a Sub2..
Subwoofer 3 in sealed mode will perform better than Subwoofer 2 due to its larger enclosure, and share the same dynamic sound qualities as the Subwoofer 2. Some will also find the Subwoofer 3 better sound wise as it will have better dynamics below 25-30Hz.

And whether the Sub3 was optimized for sealed over ported..
I would say both as we tried to minimise the compromise. However we wanted quality over SPL such as db-drag only, but our products are delivering very high SPLs but also very clean and with a good impulse response.

They look so nice! The dual I love. Hmm this or xxls400...

Sub 2 glorious!

Quite often, this is the best time to order any sparkly new AV gear ;)
If I get on the JD it'll be two Sub 3's :rolleyes:
Certainly helps when it comes to clicking the checkout button ;)

Just been thinking about running a sealed and ported Sub3 with Audyssey, and unless I'm missing something, I think it would be a case of having to run Audyssey everytime you wanted to change from sealed to ported? Which could be an issue..

I watched the Facebook video, they look superb. Be nice to see a longer video with a bit more zooming in on the good bits and maybe include the white subs as well :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom