ARTICLE: Arcam Dolby Atmos and Dirac Home Cinema Excellence

The Atmos demo they did the year before at Bristol with KEF reference speakers blew this setup out of the water, enough so that I purchased. Not so fussed on the revel kit, lost its edge somwhat. The Kef R series demo with the 850 (couple of years back) was also an excellent setup, again to my ears partnered far better than the revel kit. Personally I’d pair KEF with the Arcam kit for the best possible sound and synergy. The Arcam P49 is one hell of a power amp!

Aren't Revel also owned by Harman? Might explain why they have moved away from Kef.

Aren't Revel also owned by Harman? Might explain why they have moved away from Kef.

Who are owned by Samsung , just hope they don’t mess with the brand otherwise we will loose what’s left of Arcam. Struggling to see how they can’t as surly there is a conflict of interest with mark Levinson (also Samsung owned) as well? We can only hope

Fantastic report Steve, and topped by the open day. My only criticism is that although they were obviously demoing the ultimate line-up within the group's repertoire with Arcam products, it would be good to hear the same system through much lesser speakers, say £1'500-2'000 for the front pair and the rest matching. I'd personally like to hear what Dirac Live can do in both situations back-to-back to see how much speaker selection in the upper echelons of price/performance make a perceivable difference, if any.

They are indeed, Im surprised that Steve and the guys are not more aware of Revel. A very fine and neutral reference speaker well sorted for a well damped room.

Ive heard the Revel's Performa3 M106 not sure what the M106be are, newer version?. I don't have a well damped room, so until I do, they wouldn't be for me.

Hi,

Any hints of new products that can do 7.2.6 like the Marantz 8805 or the emotiva RMC-1

Kevin

Hi,

Any hints of new products that can do 7.2.6 like the Marantz 8805 or the emotiva RMC-1

Kevin
You mean like having six speakers in the ceiling?

Looking to see their first AVR build under Harman ownership. Will be really telling what they bring to the table, like world class test labs.

Only thing is Quite expensive for the 3 channel version

I heard blades 2 & Arcam A49 and was very impressed. But have now been told the A49 is discontinued? Was almost ready to buy.

What is the A49 being replaced with I wonder, if at all.

I heard blades 2 & Arcam A49 and was very impressed. But have now been told the A49 is discontinued? Was almost ready to buy.

What is the A49 being replaced with I wonder, if at all.

Never heard theA49 I know a friend of a friend who’s got one May try and get a listen then have a look through the classifieds if I like the sound of it.

I'm interested to know, whose are the room treatments?

Although not directly related to the Home Cinema part of the report, the following was mentioned:

"We took the opportunity to listen to a brief demo whilst in the two-channel demo room using a combination of the Arcam SA10 integrated amplifier (£699), their CDS50 CD player/network streamer (£699)"

When will these components be available to buy, and where do they fit with the FMJ line-up?

Fantastic report Steve, and topped by the open day. My only criticism is that although they were obviously demoing the ultimate line-up within the group's repertoire with Arcam products, it would be good to hear the same system through much lesser speakers, say £1'500-2'000 for the front pair and the rest matching. I'd personally like to hear what Dirac Live can do in both situations back-to-back to see how much speaker selection in the upper echelons of price/performance make a perceivable difference, if any.

My 850 with Monitor Audio PII 100 fronts and 4 x MA Gold FX surround speakers sounds sublime :love:

@camelot1971 So does my 550 with GB1s, but I haven't heard a 4 figure system and a 5 figure system in the same room with and without room correction to the ilk of Dirac Live. That would be a really interesting test.

Yep, well into, but I haven’t compared it to a 5 figure system under the same conditions, with and without EQ.

Just bagged an ex-demo Arcam A49 for £2k. Happy, but expect the new model to be announced very soon. :(

I'm not sure there is? The 2 channel stuff announced is not in the same league as the A49. What would Arcam add that's not already there?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom