ARTICLE: What is Mini LED?

Considering everyone has to buy their OLED panels from LG for their own TV's (unless things have moved on) you'd think if Mini and Micro LED were seen as a viable upgrade over OLED all the manufacturers would be all over anything that prevents them giving a rival such a market share.

I've never heard that before. Curious. I wonder how common it is.
reasonably common for artificial light to cause/trigger headaches, I believe that TV producers have to even certify against a standard for blue light. Actually I thought I saw an avforums news article mentioning the LG is certified.

Thank you @Steve Withers, very interesting.
Mini led is very exciting for me. Micro led could be the wholly graal but we are a long way from a viable product for the common mortals.
While mini led has the potential of being refined in record time...
Who will not want a successor to ZD9 or DX902 with 4000 zones and 50,000 led, 4000 nits peak and x motion clarity motion plus quantum dot on top...
My only regrets is the big players aka sony and pana dropped the ball...(even samsung will keep feeding us lousy FALD until micro led is ready).The focus is on oled which is as good as it gets for now...(i love my oled and we are spoiled rotten to have such tech but can't forget seeing a HDR picture on a 4000 nits monitor...so lifelike that it was nearly 3D...).
Before you tell me AGAIN 1000 nits is plenty, you should see with your own eyes what a proper peak brightness does to HDR color volume and how we perceive it (with a proper WCG range).

Mini-LED is to go until Micro-LED or other new technology takes over. It's a shame that Sony and Samsung are not releasing Mini-LED this year, as it would be a natural progression from LCD LED TVs. However, as another poster pointed out, It would harm the sale of their OLED range, as it would rival it in terms of picture quality, so better leave it out they thought.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom