Assassins Creed: Valhalla

Cha1ky

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
1588199994663.png

Trailer will be tomorrow

just finishing the plat on oddysey so this is welcome news i didn't release it was made for the ps5 so that is even better news. odyssey is absolutely gorgeous to look at and if you wanted it could 300 hours + gameplay with the DLC aswell

Its not been confirmed what its coming out on yet but i'd be very surprised if it didn't.

would make total sense, wouldn't it....odyssey is so good

Open world adventuring on an ssd based console- could we be looking at mega draw distances?
Also will we be looking at greater NPC character numbers? And will there be some use of ray tracing?
I’ll be looking at today’s trailer wondering what it has been captured on, and will digital foundry be able to spot anything?... Assuming something real time is actually shown!

Its not been confirmed what its coming out on yet but i'd be very surprised if it didn't.

Agreed.

I would be surprised if any major studio's Holidays '20 through to Holidays '21 output is not cross-gen.

See Assassin's Creed IV, Battlefield 4, Call of Duty Ghosts, FIFA 14, Watch Dogs, Destiny, Thief, Wolfenstein, DragonAge Inquisition, etc.

I think we will be stuck with cross gen games for a least a year after launch, possibly longer now due to all the developments delays.

I think we will be stuck with cross gen third party games for a least a year after launch, possibly longer now due to all the developments delays.

FTFY :smashin:

My expectation is that we'll really only have genuine next-gen games only from Sony after the current crop of games are released - so Ghost of Tshushima will be the last big first-party PS4 title. Possible exception would be MLB: The Show 21 which might be cross-gen.

Cross-gen on big third party titles for 12-18 months is pretty normal, Ubi/EA/Activision need the units sold to the hundred million plus people still on last gen.

I like the trailer, but ...

... Vikings are the good guys, Saxons are the bad guys? Really?

let's not forget that the games don't copy history so Vikings being "good guys" in this doesn't really matter it's a story they are telling in that setting, I don't have a problem with it.

let's not forget that the games don't copy history so Vikings being "good guys" in this doesn't really matter it's a story they are telling in that setting, I don't have a problem with it.

I don't necessarily have a problem with it, I'll rate the game on how fun it is not how historically accurate it is. However, some semblance of reality in a game in a historical game is needed or it can be a bit jarring and immersion breaking.

Taking it to an extreme, can you imagine an AC set in WW2 where the Assassin's were the Germans and the Templars were the Allies?

Officially revealed!!!

I don't necessarily have a problem with it, I'll rate the game on how fun it is not how historically accurate it is. However, some semblance of reality in a game in a historical game is needed or it can be a bit jarring and immersion breaking.

Taking it to an extreme, can you imagine an AC set in WW2 where the Assassin's were the Germans and the Templars were the Allies?

The Saxons were not the good guys either, Lords and Nobles sent men on raids on other Saxon settlements they had slaves and did other crappy things in the name of Christianity, neither they or the Vikings were the "good guys", Ubisoft just chose to set the game from the Vikings point of view and that's fine.

I'm trying to figure out whether this will get a dedicated PS5 release or the PS4 version will be patched?

I'm looking into pre ordering the collectors edition (I'm a sucker I know) but the only option on the ubisoft store is for the PS4. I don't want to end up needing to buy it twice.

I'm trying to figure out whether this will get a dedicated PS5 release or the PS4 version will be patched?

I'm looking into pre ordering the collectors edition (I'm a sucker I know) but the only option on the ubisoft store is for the PS4. I don't want to end up needing to buy it twice.

The precedent was there for Assassin's Creed IV. There was a PS3 and PS4 version that came out at the same time. I'm fairly sure I bought it on PS3 on the US store and got a free upgrade to PS4.

I'm inclined to agree but PS3 games were never playable on the PS4 due to lack of proper BC. The PS4/5 will be different and most games apparently will be playable. I'm just wondering if they'll provide a patch to make the PS4 version into the PS5 version without an extra physical release. Especially as I'll be receiving the season pass also.

i'm assuming as this is a cross platform game, the ps5 version will just be an enhanced version of the other versions and not specifically made for the ps5.

also you cant actually preorder the ps5 version as yet?

These trailers are all well and good, however Ubi are renowned for showing stunning graphics and then downgrading closer to release.

These trailers are all well and good, however Ubi are renowned for showing stunning graphics and then downgrading closer to release.

well if odyssey is the yardstick it will be vast and magnificent and the dlc are proper mini games within themselves. but yes would like realtime gameplay but since its only just be revealed, im sure it will be on its way in due course

From Eurogamer:

It's in Britain, of course, you'll eventually meet King Alfred, who the trailer paints as the villain of the piece, complete with some Templar-looking artefacts in the background. But Laferrière assures me that Alf will be more of a complex character when you meet him in-game. "He is shown in that [villainous] way in the trailer but over the course of the game you'll see there's a lot more nuance to him," I'm told. The game looks set to cover the Viking campaign against him (the one which led to him being on the run, burning cakes) and his eventual success at pushing the Norse back and unifying swathes of England. "Alfred the Great is a very important historical figure we want to treat right," Laferrière says. "And to do so it's all in the subtleties and nuances you'll find."

Slightly reassured by this. I'm OK with the English being villains but making King Alfred the main villain seemed a bit of a stretch, presumably he's actually not. Anyway, let's see.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom