Atmos disc

682194AG

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi
I have a Atmos set up but want to check if I do have Atmos from the elac upfiring speakers

how can I test please ?

please can anyone help
Thanks

Set your blu ray/4k player to bitstream audio, turn secondary audio off...what A/V receiver are you using?

Set your blu ray/4k player to bitstream audio, turn secondary audio off...what A/V receiver are you using?
Hi Nayfne thank you for the prompt response back - the AV is the Sony strndn1080 - 55inch LG oled tv.
Thanks

And do you have a blu ray/4k player?

And do.you have any blu ray discs/4k discs which have Dolby Atmos soundtracks?

If so, stick one on, select Atmos, if you have to, on the films main menu, check your display on the Sony Receiver, should show up as Atmos.

And do.you have any blu ray discs/4k discs which have Dolby Atmos soundtracks?

If so, stick one on, select Atmos, if you have to, on the films main menu, check your display on the Sony Receiver, should show up as Atmos.
I can say that when watching title on Netflix which is Atmos I do get Atmos appearing on the Sony AV - does this mean that I should be getting Atmos sound from the speakers? I wanted to test to be sure ? Thanks

Your avr display should also show what speakers are active including the elac atmos speakers.

I can say that when watching title on Netflix which is Atmos I do get Atmos appearing on the Sony AV - does this mean that I should be getting Atmos sound from the speakers? I wanted to test to be sure ? Thanks
Sounds spot on to me..just don't be expecting overwhelming activity from the Elacs..they should add to the immersion but shouldn't be active all the time..this does depend on what content you are watching, and full fat Atmos on discs will sound better than the streaming alternatives.

If Atmos is showing up on the display then the receiver is getting an Atmos feed. However, don't expect your ceiling to come alive with sound. It's more subtle than that and upfiring speakers will lift the front soundstage and place object based sounds at a ceiling level when the soundtrack has them. Don't go listening for it everytime you turn the receiver on, you may very well be disappointed, especially if the film is somewhat devoid of Atmos effects.

The best way to tell is let yourself get use to the speakers being in operation. Then turn those speakers off in the receiver or disconnect them. Then you will notice that the overall audio loses that height element.

Sounds spot on to me..just don't be expecting overwhelming activity from the Elacs..they should add to the immersion but shouldn't be active all the time..this does depend on what content you are watching, and full fat Atmos on discs will sound better than the streaming alternatives.
Thank you very much

Hi
I have a Atmos set up but want to check if I do have Atmos from the elac upfiring speakers

how can I test please ?

please can anyone help
Thanks
Download these test files gives you a good example of atmos

If Atmos is showing up on the display then the receiver is getting an Atmos feed. However, don't expect your ceiling to come alive with sound. It's more subtle than that and upfiring speakers will lift the front soundstage and place object based sounds at a ceiling level when the soundtrack has them. Don't go listening for it everytime you turn the receiver on, you may very well be disappointed, especially if the film is somewhat devoid of Atmos effects.

The best way to tell is let yourself get use to the speakers being in operation. Then turn those speakers off in the receiver or disconnect them. Then you will notice that the overall audio loses that height element.
Thank you.

The LG probably has the Dolby App, My B7 does. you can stream atmos from that I think
Atleast my Yamaha indicates its getting atmos, unlike from Disney+

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom