Atmos speakers ideal location

ShajiKrishna

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi
I am planning to add 4 atmos speakers to my HT (7.2.4 setup).
So what is the ideal position for the speakers in atmox/dts X ? I found multiple options :

1. In ceiling in-wall speakers, down-firing equal distance front and back from listener (eg Polk RC6i)
2. Fixing on Front and rear wall, top mounted inclined position towards listener (eg SVS elevation)
3. Both speakers in front side between screen and listener, sligtly inclined towards listener.

So its bit confused. Which is the best/ideal option ? Can I use Bookshelf speakers instead of ceiling inwall speakers ?
From a simple in-wall ceiling speaker ,can we expect good sound ?? Please give your recomendations.

Have a look at this set up from Dolby and try and place your speakers as close as possible for a 7.2.4 design. It doesn't have to be inch perfect as we all have to make some kind of compromise. Speakers in the ceiling correctly placed are always going to be the best position. You can use standard mono speakers mounted high on the walls and angled towards the main listening position (MLP). There are also speakers made (KEF Q50a as an example) that can be fitted to the wall and have the correct angle built in.

Have a look at this set up from Dolby and try and place your speakers as close as possible for a 7.2.4 design. It doesn't have to be inch perfect as we all have to make some kind of compromise. Speakers in the ceiling correctly placed are always going to be the best position. You can use standard mono speakers mounted high on the walls and angled towards the main listening position (MLP). There are also speakers made (KEF Q50a as an example) that can be fitted to the wall and have the correct angle built in.

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom