Attach front left and right to vesa bracket

Maxwelln

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I'd like to attach my front left and right and center speakers to the vesa bracket of my TV as the TV will soon pivot away from the wall at 90 degrees.

I'm sure there's tonnes of stuff out there on this but every search comes back filled with sound bar attachments!

Any advice or recommendation is greatly welcome!

I've got about 12kg spare capacity on my wall bracket.

Thanks in advance!

Morning,

I'm not sure if perhaps I've posted this in the wrong sub forum, please could you advice?

Thanks!

I'm by no means an expert on this subject, but I would guess that the issue you might have is that all speakers will have different ways of mounting to a wall - I'm not aware of any standards for speaker mounting placements. This would make generic solutions to your problem (some kind of VESA bracket speaker extension bar ?) unlikely. If that is the case, then you may need to have something specially made.

Is it a small TV ? I'm struggling to imagine any VESA bracket being substantial enough to allow a larger TV to be positioned at 90 degrees to the wall, never mind adding speakers either side. The load on the wall fixings for having a larger TV positioned like that would be enormous !

You might want to try posting in one of the Home Cinema Buying and Building forums. There's a sub-forum for AV stands which might be appropriate. Photos of your TV and speakers might also help :)

The bracket may well have 12Kg spare capacity but what about the wall and fixings?

Some pics might help...…..

Was just going to echo Mike's post. It could just very well be that a solution that you are looking for doesn't exist. I can imagine that having soundbar or centre speaker mounted has various option but to include L/R as well, on a movable mount? Not so much.
Like Mike says, the load on the wall fixings will be horrific. You may have 12kg to 'play with' but that won't take into account the effect when you extend that weight away from the wall. It's not just a downward shearing force at play.

My guess is there will be close to ‘zero’ off the shelf solutions for separate speakers - there are plenty of hangers for a Soundbar or a Speakerbar which you could likely adapt.

There is no real need for a Centre Channel when you plan to have the three speakers so close together, which could make hanging ‘just’ a front LR simpler.

The ‘fail’ point you need to look out for is usually the wall once you start hanging additional weight to an articulating bracket.

Joe

Changing the location of the tv seems like the easiest solution to me

Hello all,

Thank you very much for your replies! Some really insightful info there which has helped clarify what I'm going to do.

I can't attach pictures as I decided to gather the info before making any further decisions. The TV is not mounted yet (55" OLED), but the mount has arrived, if you are curious you can view it here: WALL 3345 Full-Motion TV Wall Mount (black)

Sadly the room layout does not allow another option, there is an external door opposite the sofa so can't mount there. Additionally, there is not enough space opposite the TV to put the sofa there, so this 90 degree mount is the best option I have - It's a dual purpose space.

I will investigate mounting the centre speaker on the TV and then put the L and R channels elsewhere, it might not be perfect (distance between view and L/R will not be equal) but we have to work with what we have.

Thank you for clearing up my question - I will assume for now that it is not best practice and stop pursuing attaching L/R to the TV.

All the best,

Max

With a maximum reach of around 54cm, you may find you can't quite get a 55" OLED to 90 degrees, but it should be close enough.

The bracket should (in theory) be designed to cope with the position you want, but I would recommend maxing out the fixings ! If it's a brick wall, use as many anchor bolts as the bracket will take. If it's a plasterboard wall, then you're probably going to need extra studwork to support it. I wouldn't chance it with plasterboard fixings alone.

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the advice!

We have plasterboard walls mounted on spaced vertical wooden studs. We have had a carpenter (who was involved in building this development of houses) create a thick wooden plate which will be attached to the vertical studs with the plasterboard sandwiched in between. The Vogel wall mount will then be attached to this plate.

Sadly it means the TV will sit quite far off the wall when not pivoted but the carpenter has offered to make a wooden frame which will sit around the TV and make a feature out of it.

Fingers crossed it'll be quite nice once completed!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom