ATTN DENON AND MARANTZ OWNERS: No network functionality for HEOS users on network receivers! Temporary fix here.

Sorry to hear. Can you run the procedure again? This may fix it. If not, get in touch with your dealer to get it serviced.
I run It several times.... never ended the “restoring fw...” status.
I even take it several hours to finish.... nothing happened.
On general->information->firmware only dts fw version appears. Heos field is blank.

Side tracking slightly sorry guys
I have downloaded the app on my phone but it won’t connect to my AVR-x4400h receiver it says on phone will not work on this device my phone is an iPhone 6s I think? Any thoughts on this please would be appreciated guys.

Do a network reset first. Worst case do a full reset

Had a weird episode ( still testing)

Lost sound in the right surround. Swapped speakers checked connections.
Decided to do a full reset, tested with the internal test tone and got sound. Great!
Upgraded firmware and lost it again (Test tone) might crackle back to life if I upped the volume.

Full reset again, upgraded firmware then pulled the plug for 20 mins...so far all good. Only thing I've notice is I have to turn the volume up a bit more. Normal viewing used to be 20/25 now running at 35 /40. Not run Audyssey yet, no point yet until I'm happy, will the sound level go up once run?

Had a weird episode ( still testing)

Lost sound in the right surround. Swapped speakers checked connections.
Decided to do a full reset, tested with the internal test tone and got sound. Great!
Upgraded firmware and lost it again (Test tone) might crackle back to life if I upped the volume.

Full reset again, upgraded firmware then pulled the plug for 20 mins...so far all good. Only thing I've notice is I have to turn the volume up a bit more. Normal viewing used to be 20/25 now running at 35 /40. Not run Audyssey yet, no point yet until I'm happy, will the sound level go up once run?

I've never really tested with Audyssey off, but on past receivers I've noticed a difference in levels. If it bothers you, and there's nothing wrong at least, you could manually boost everything in levels.

Kinda related, but I've had weird things happen on my right rear channel too. On at least two occasions, whenever I play something with an Atomos / TrueHD soundtrack, the rear right channel starts sounding like a depth charge is going off. I might be imagining things, but I'm pretty sure that's not supposed to happen during Iron Man or Parasite.

Side tracking slightly sorry guys
I have downloaded the app on my phone but it won’t connect to my AVR-x4400h receiver it says on phone will not work on this device my phone is an iPhone 6s I think? Any thoughts on this please would be appreciated guys.

Sounds obvious, I know, but is your receiver connected to the network? Check the network diagnostics to see if it's been assigned an IP address by the DHCP server and double check that it shows up on your router. The other obvious thing to check is if your device is connected to your network and not in 4g / 5g. The app is pretty good at automatically detecting your receiver.

Sounds obvious, I know, but is your receiver connected to the network? Check the network diagnostics to see if it's been assigned an IP address by the DHCP server and double check that it shows up on your router. The other obvious thing to check is if your device is connected to your network and not in 4g / 5g. The app is pretty good at automatically detecting your receiver.

also check you are on the latest firmware. I’m not and I have that same issue unless Im in the same room and AVR is turned on. The latest firmware the AVR just needs to be in standby

found problem the I. P address on the amp is different my phone as I’m using two servers to extend all my wired Ethernet av equipment so I’m going to have to change the I. P address on the second server.

also check you are on the latest firmware. I’m not and I have that same issue unless Im in the same room and AVR is turned on. The latest firmware the AVR just needs to be in standby

Scratch that!

Found a control that leave the network function turns on always!

Ok, I got my Denon x4700h in. I upgraded the firmware to the latest version and tried to run HEOS and generate a random playlist via Serviio. Guess what?

Killed the network connection!

This is going to be an ongoing issue until Denon/Marantz finally figures this out... In the meantime, I'm going to revert the firmware and try via WiFi and my iPad and see if that makes a difference.

It may be helpful to screen shot the about page on the app if you have experienced the network failing and list the model, method of connection and the DLNA server you are using if your network has been killed off.

I'll start:
Model: Denon X4700H
Method: Ethernet
Server: Serviio V2.1

@alkax I was just wandering if this is still an issue for you with the latest November 11th update concerning HEOS interacting with Serviio? I haven't updated my firmware since November 2019 because of your experience with HEOS being problematic since the March 12th 2020 update when they introduced their updates for the Home 250/350 wireless speaker range.

found problem the I. P address on the amp is different my phone as I’m using two servers to extend all my wired Ethernet av equipment so I’m going to have to change the I. P address on the second server.
Update
Didn’t go down the route of changeing the ip address on the second router instead I unplugged the input lead coming from router 2 and plugged straight into the output socket instead of the input socket which worked fine but the down side to this is it left me with only three outputs to use instead of the four this is only a short term fix as I am going to buy a 8 port ethernet splitter.
Thanks for all your help and suggestions tho as they le to me in finding out the problem to begin with
Many thanks guys.

Update
Didn’t go down the route of changeing the ip address on the second router instead I unplugged the input lead coming from router 2 and plugged straight into the output socket instead of the input socket which worked fine but the down side to this is it left me with only three outputs to use instead of the four this is only a short term fix as I am going to buy a 8 port ethernet splitter.
Thanks for all your help and suggestions tho as they le to me in finding out the problem to begin with
Many thanks guys.
HEOS is now working fine 😋

@alkax I was just wandering if this is still an issue for you with the latest November 11th update concerning HEOS interacting with Serviio? I haven't updated my firmware since November 2019 because of your experience with HEOS being problematic since the March 12th 2020 update when they introduced their updates for the Home 250/350 wireless speaker range.

I'll enable random playlists on Serviio and report back with results. It seems with this update that it has fixed drop out issues with ARC as I watched a few episodes of Discovery on Netflix with DV and Atmos and it seems ok.

Update
Many thanks guys.

👍🏽

I'll enable random playlists on Serviio and report back with results. It seems with this update that it has fixed drop out issues with ARC as I watched a few episodes of Discovery on Netflix with DV and Atmos and it seems ok.

@alkax I was wandering if you had any success with Serviio, does it play nice again with HEOS & your random playlists?

To report back, the new update does not solve any of the issues I have. So:
- No ability to play random tracks on Serviio. You have to hide this category or ignore it on HEOS.
- Audio dropouts on ARC still occur but with less frequency.

On top of this, i get weird distortion on True HD and Atmos tracks. Sometimes sound like an echoey ping that travels from one speaker to another. Kinda like a submarine depth charge. It’s loud and abrasive when it happens, and it can’t be a mastering error, i hear this on different UHD and Bluray discs.

My bitter disappointment continues.

To report back, the new update does not solve any of the issues I have. So:
- No ability to play random tracks on Serviio. You have to hide this category or ignore it on HEOS.
- Audio dropouts on ARC still occur but with less frequency.

On top of this, i get weird distortion on True HD and Atmos tracks. Sometimes sound like an echoey ping that travels from one speaker to another. Kinda like a submarine depth charge. It’s loud and abrasive when it happens, and it can’t be a mastering error, i hear this on different UHD and Bluray discs.

My bitter disappointment continues.

Thanks for that, unbelievable Sound United can't get a handle on this for the past 7-8 months, they also broke in the November 11th update the ability for sound modes to be recognised on last use for per input signals :(

Seems Denon have removed all firmware so no way for me to revert my x2600h :/

i can still revert to stock on mine.
Any particular process you followed for this? I tried the firmware restore as directed by Denon and all I got was 'Please wait.....' for 2 hours.

Edit: the receiver is off for repair

Last edited:
Got my Avr back today, seems they put a 8500H network card in it or at least that's how my amp is identified to my network.....however bluetooth is still not working :/

Got my Avr back today, seems they put a 8500H network card in it or at least that's how my amp is identified to my network.....however bluetooth is still not working :/

It's bloody ridiculous. I have a suspicion that there's a hardware issue with mine but I don't think I'll get it resolved anytime soon. I'll have to send mine back after Xmas.

How much are the agents charging for these repairs or are they under warranty?

It's bloody ridiculous. I have a suspicion that there's a hardware issue with mine but I don't think I'll get it resolved anytime soon. I'll have to send mine back after Xmas.

I had a problem with Denon amp where input on the 2nd HDMI port just stopped working, i thought it was the balans either end of the network connecting the amp to the sources (all my AV kit/C$ is in a dedicated cupboard remote from cinema room). After a lot of hassle decided to purchase a fibre cable 15m long i think for c.£150.

Still didnt work, turned out the HDMI input port is not working, the amp is only about 18 months old but as i acquired it as part of a house purchase (along with most of the other AV Kit) Denon wont honour the warranty as i dont have proof of purchase, even though they know its age by its serial number.

To be frank if the damn thing wont work ill replace it rather than pay Denon to look at it and charge me for the privilege. As it is i have re-mapped the DVD input to the 3rd HDMI port and it works.

I was disappointed given its age and it appears obvious that some of their kit is having regular and significant issues with connectivity/software.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom