Audiolab 8300cd volume control disable

Charles44

Novice Member
Reaction score
I have just got a used Audiolab 8300cd in excellent condition to use with my Naim XS2 amplifier. I see that you can disable the cd players volume control function but cannot work out how to from the cd player manual. I feel that using it with the Naim this may be the best option.
Having played cds all afternoon I am so far very pleased with it but I will be interested to see any answers for which I thank anyone in advance.

Thanks Ugg10- that is very helpful and in fact I did then find it in the manual. Appreciate your reply.

Section 7, Page 10 gives you the menu tree, there is a section that you can set the volume to "adjustable, 0db (2.2v) or +3db (3.1v)". Looks like you have to cycle through the menu to find it.

Hope this helps.
[/QUOTE]

Out of interest what would be the purpose of selecting +3db over the standard 0db other than having a louder signal going out? Which fixed option would I be better off using?

I am guessing the +3db may be useful with active studio monitor speakers using an xlr connection that usually expect a signal of around 4v. The 4v and xlr help keep the signal clean over longer round in electrically noisy environments often found in recording studios.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom