Audiolab M-DAC Nano Bluetooth DAC Review & Comments

No APTX HD? Seems a bit lacking considering the cost.

Thanks Ed. Interesting product. I probably would have been tempted if it weren't for the m0.

Might be a near invisible ok addition to a decent hifi that needs a Bluetooth input. Anyone know what the voltage output is?

Agreed. Especially when you can pick up a Fiio btr3 which has APTX HD, LDAC *and* HWA for around 60 quid, I just don't get it:confused:
Agreed, the BTR3 also supports aptX LL which makes it a great all-rounder if you want to do more than just listen to music wirelessly.

As another option, I've had the Radsone ES100 (dual AK4375a) for quite a while purely for listening to music on the go and love how small and light it is, even if it is a bit plasticky. All the customisation options offered (HW EQ, voltage/current, balanced output, crossfeed, etc) make it an excellent device.

As another option, I've had the Radsone ES100 (dual AK4375a) for quite a while purely for listening to music on the go and love how small and light it is, even if it is a bit plasticky. All the customisation options offered (HW EQ, voltage/current, balanced output, crossfeed, etc) make it an excellent device.

That’s just what I’m using. It seems much better specified than the Audiolab and is a lot cheaper. As you say, the only real downside is the build.

Hi. Would the Fiio work with my iPhone X and enable me to get hi-res LDAC, or does iPhone not support this? I'm confused! Thanks.

I use this combo works great you won't get Hi res as you say iPhone doesn't support it :-(
but still sounds great for a portable combo doubles great as a hands free as well.

I use it with N5005 which are very difficult to drive and I still get decent output

BTW the Shanling M0 had a firmware update today that adds two new features for Bluetooth use.

One is being able to connect a device via USB and then broadcast the audio over Bluetooth.

The other is being able to receive Bluetooth signals and then send that audio over USB to another DAC.

Just boughy one of these, when i turn the volume up it goes down, and i have to reset and turn the volume up very slow for it to actually work properly

Seem to be describing a safety feature so you do not blow out your ear drums. What does the manual say ☺️

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom