Auto EX select

Neil69

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi y'all. I have had a Yammy AX-1 since last November. ( I paid £1500 for it then ). It developed a fault with the back left surround channel. So I sent it back to the shop where I got it from & they sent it back to Yamaha to be fixed. This took exactly 2 weeks. Now it won't automatically select Dolby EX. It does,though,select DTS ES. I have checked the set up & it is set to auto EX/ES 'ON'. Has my Yammy developed a new fault?
Cheers, Neil
:eek: :confused: :(

Neil,

“Now it won't automatically select Dolby EX. It does,though,select DTS ES. I have checked the set up & it is set to auto EX/ES 'ON'. Has my Yammy developed a new fault?”

No hardware can currently auto-detect EX encoded material, not because of the hardware itself, but because there aren't any EX flags in the Dolby Digital bitstream (Dolby have only just released an encoder revision to facilitate EX flags). As your Yamaha wouldn't auto-detect EX material before, it won't do it now.

ES can be automatically detected, depending on software. ‘Chicken Run' carries an ES flag, but ‘Gladiator' does not (both region 2).

You'll have to manually select the pseudo-EX mode (6.1 Matrix) on your Yamaha.

Stuart M. Robinson
SMR Group – http://www.smr-group.co.uk/

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom