Promoted AV Equipment Online Auction Sale from the administrators of Superfi

Got all my Bluesound bits home after dropping in this morning. I've definitely splurged and might try and shift the Power Nodes on. All units brand new and three out of the five are still sealed. The guys running the place were really nice and everything was well organised.

By the looks of things anyone buying Bluesound gear has done really well. The one off bits that were offered for sale I'm not convinced about. Bose and other job lots was clearly an excess of stock rather then the odd return.

Sounds like you may have done the same as me, I didn't bid on any Power nodes though.

I figured due to the auction format, it was pointless to back just one horse, so instead I bid on everything up to the level that if by chance I won them all, I'd be certain I'd be able to break even selling them on, and even absorb the cost of any DOA units or claw back a tenner here or there for my efforts.

So ended up bidding on what I think were 9 soundbars, 7 subs, 9 node 2s, 7 flexes and 6 or so Pulse 2s, and at one point there was a chance I'd end up with over £10k of bluesound cluttering up my garage. Fortunately for the sake of marital bliss this didn't happen.

I'd have liked to had a few more flexes out of it (and honestly thought I did) and at least one sub, but content with what I ended up with in the end, and ordered the clearance soundbars and pulse 2s from SSAV for far less than the auctions were ending at anyway.

Last edited:
I wanted a single node. I took my eye off the auction for 15mins and two that I had offered on had ended and as I had no way of checking their final hammer price I figured I'd lost. Hence how I ended up with three! The fear of missing out :rollseyes:

I was having a day out in Edinburgh Zoo when half of it ended, occasionally looking at my phone and adding the odd bid here and there between the koalas, pandas and penguins, I honestly had no idea what I had or hadn't won until Thurdsday when it was added to the account.

Disappointed that I hadn't won more, relieved that I hadn't won way more :rotfl:

If you don't mind me asking where did you get them from? They are on my list to demo.

Richer sounds, someone else had 10% off everything at Easter so Richer sounds do their price beater scheme if you ask.
Price Beat | Richer Sounds

So the package of 200's and C150 was rounded down to £1200 if I took both on the day (I only went in for the C150 initially)

I have a couple of turntables, a Marantz amp and PCX550 headphones to pick up tomorrow.

I was going for some higher end stuff but bottled it as the prices started creeping higher in case they were damaged or DOA.

These were lower end but they went for a good price, around half rrp, but at a price I don't mind losing if there are issues.

Ended up with two turntables as I didn't know if I had won the first one !

Oh god.

Anyway, please update the Thread next week as you are the only member who seems to have bought something so far.

Collected my turntable this morning and my worst fears have not been met. It is indeed the Project Superpack Classic turntable, RRP £1399. I paid £772.80 inc fees & vat. I haven't checked it yet......fingers crossed.

ahh , the speakers i was out bid on have been relisted. ho hum

Collected my turntable this morning and my worst fears have not been met. It is indeed the Project Superpack Classic turntable, RRP £1399. I paid £772.80 inc fees & vat. I haven't checked it yet......fingers crossed.

Unfortunately, upon opening the box and setting up the turntable, it was obvious that this had, at sometime, been out of the box as the protective wrapping around the turntable had been removed and some of the plastic bags had been opened. But after checking the contents, everything was there and the turntable worked....... BUT, and its a BIG BUT, there was no stylus in the cartridge. It had at some time been broken off. So now I have to buy a new stylus cartridge, and they are not cheap. Reckon its going to cost about another £300 using the Ortofon Cartridge replacement scheme and upgrading the cartridge from the Quintet Red to the Quintet Blue.

So not the bargain that I first thought, but still cheaper than buying from a shop or of the internet. The cheapest I've seen advertised is £1349 and it looks like this will have cost me about £1083 by the time the new cartridge is fitted. Still over £300 cheaper than the list price. A lesson learned... don't buy blind when in an auction.

Attachments

• DSC00794.JPG
    DSC00794.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 75
  • DSC00787.JPG
    DSC00787.JPG
    555.5 KB · Views: 72
  • DSC00788.JPG
    DSC00788.JPG
    738.5 KB · Views: 69
  • DSC00790.JPG
    DSC00790.JPG
    845.9 KB · Views: 72
I'm surprised that you can't buy a replacement stylus :eek:, but it seems not...

Any reason why the upgrade to blue?

I'm surprised that you can't buy a replacement stylus :eek:, but it seems not...

Any reason why the upgrade to blue?

Just thought I'd take the opportunity to upgrade. I will be getting some discount (about £54) on the new cartridge for the exchange.

Silly me... :D

Unfortunately, upon opening the box and setting up the turntable, it was obvious that this had, at sometime, been out of the box as the protective wrapping around the turntable had been removed and some of the plastic bags had been opened. But after checking the contents, everything was there and the turntable worked....... BUT, and its a BIG BUT, there was no stylus in the cartridge. It had at some time been broken off. So now I have to buy a new stylus cartridge, and they are not cheap. Reckon its going to cost about another £300 using the Ortofon Cartridge replacement scheme and upgrading the cartridge from the Quintet Red to the Quintet Blue.

So not the bargain that I first thought, but still cheaper than buying from a shop or of the internet. The cheapest I've seen advertised is £1349 and it looks like this will have cost me about £1083 by the time the new cartridge is fitted. Still over £300 cheaper than the list price. A lesson learned... don't buy blind when in an auction.

Thats bad luck but isn’t there a claim to say item not as described?

I'm afraid all items were sold as seen. In auctions I don't think the usual Sale of Goods rules are enforceable.
On further reading of the T&C's i found the following:

11.6. No liability shall attach to the Auctioneer either in contract or in tort for loss injury or damage legal or other expenses sustained by the Seller, any Bidder, the Buyer or any other person by reason of:
(a) any defect in any Lot sold, whether or not such defect be latent or apparent on examination;

Which I understand to be, "If you buy something in the auction and it don't work, tough."

Anyway, I now have a turntable which should have cost £1400 and up to now its cost me £1033
with the cartridge upgrade. I should get about £350-400 for my existing turntable, so that brings the cost down to about £650. I would never have purchased the turntable at the full asking price of £1400.

How or why would anyone snap off a stylus?

You grip the cartridge body either side when installing it into the arm headshell, not from underneath, and the arm can only go to a certain height before being lowered/dropped, it shouldn't be with so much force that it would snap a stylus!

Anyway, it's a beautiful turntable and you seem very philosophical about the experience, OP, so all's good.

Thanks for letting us know.:)

Apart from one unluckyish guy, looks like the rest of you did well, which is good to hear.

Not from an auction. You buy what is there and it's just a gamble that it actually works. No warranty given.

How or why would anyone snap off a stylus?

You grip the cartridge body either side when installing it into the arm headshell, not from underneath, and the arm can only go to a certain height before being lowered/dropped, it shouldn't be with so much force that it would snap a stylus!

Anyway, it's a beautiful turntable and you seem very philosophical about the experience, OP, so all's good.

Thanks for letting us know.:)

I would think the arm has been knock across and hit the platter while on display or something.

No as has already been said.

And that is why it was beyond a lot of peoples thinking why prices were so high. Literally you could have bought a box that had been driven over by a truck.

Worst still as soon as the auction ended the item was your personal possession, they took no liability for any harm that comes to the product you purchased. So you may well have viewed a product that was fine but when you pick it up it may be damaged.

i went on thursday to collect had trouble finding it , on way in there was a huge load of wagons , i bought a musicle fidelity m3 amp and cd just about to test them ,also denon 800ne amp and cd also a marantz 6013 avr its works perfectly ,selling a denon 4500 to make way ,also got a node2 dont know if its the i , also got denon m41 and monitor audio gold stand mounters and 2 heos 1,s , so a few to still test out. i bid on a lot i was after the kef r3 and the scratched r2 so i could sell mine but price got too high was also after the denon 8500 or 6500 i was winning on 6500 in silver again price went too high. p.s this is first time in years i,ve written in forum tho i read it daily .

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom