AV receiver recommendation for 65" TV with 2 in ceiling speakers

T313

Novice Member
Reaction score
I'm getting 2 in ceiling speakers with 65" TV. Need an AV receiver that's got bluetooth, good for movies and football. Budget upto £300

Do you have any other speakers? Why two ceiling speakers?
Your budget will be the main limiting factor.

Do you have any other speakers? Why two ceiling speakers?
Your budget will be the main limiting factor.
TV is flush above fireplace and no room for soundbar. Plus 4 kids so can't have anything lying on the floor otherwise it'll get trashed.

I'd suggest not placing stereo speakers on a ceiling. They need to be at your seated head height in order for stereo imaging to be effective.

If the TV is the only audio source then it is unlikely that you'd need an AV receiver. All that you really need is a stereo intergrated amplifier, preferably one with an integral DAC. The DAC would allow you to connect the TV's optical audio output directly to the amplifier, but if using an amp that hasn't its own DAC, you can buy and use an external DAC between the TV and the stereo amp.

TV is flush above fireplace and no room for soundbar. Plus 4 kids so can't have anything lying on the floor otherwise it'll get trashed.

Attach the stereo speakers to the wall at either side of the TV as opposed to having them on your ceiling. You cannot portray stereo imagery via ceiling speakers.

Attach the stereo speakers to the wall at either side of the TV as opposed to having them on your ceiling. You cannot portray stereo imagery via ceiling speakers.
The TV pretty much takes up the whole width of the chimney breast, so I couldn't put it on either side.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom