AVF Amazon UK Prime Instant recommended

is the series any good?
I watched the intro and saw it covered 3 factions, is there one to get behind or do they all have good and bad?

They all have good and bad sides. I found the 1st season a tough slog, but worth it in the end (I only watched it because I'd been told how good it gets), and the 2nd much more polished and - erm - expansive. It's got the potential to be the GoT for sci-fi. I'll try and cover Season 3 by way of a review at some point.

is the series any good?
I watched the intro and saw it covered 3 factions, is there one to get behind or do they all have good and bad?

Takes a few episodes to get going, but once it does it is fantastic, more grounded sci-fi, they try to stay with in the realms of possibility(ish). I just finished S3 over the weekend and loved it, well crafted with intelligent writing, no hand holding and good characterisation.

Watched Night Moves on Prime today, and it's well worth your time. A dark drama about eco terrorism starring a great Jesse Eisenberg.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Baywatch Remastered, nuff said!!

Some recent TV additions
Hill Street Blues (SD, Seasons 1-2) - via All4
Lost (Seasons 1-6)
The Commish (Seasons 1-4)
Stargate Atlantis (Seasons 1-5)
Dead Like Me (Seasons 1-2)

Last edited:
Really enjoyed Castle Rock. A bit slow paced but a good mystery and well put together and acted. Had to take out a Starz 7 free day trial though, and then binge it

Oh yes, and the Expanse, by the end of season 3, is excellent. Agree it could become a Game of thrones level show. I’d already seen it all last year through my US iTunes account, which was 1080p. Jealous of peeps getting to watch it all in 4K.

There showing the The Greatest American Hero which was first broadcast in 1981.
Its a superhero series but played just like you be one rather than dong everything perfect. William Katt plays the everyman hero, with Robert Culp/Bill the FBI agent whos coming up with all sorts of scenarios for Katt to help with, and lovely Connie Sellecca as his girlfriend Pam.
In season 2 William Katt characters name was changed from Ralph Hinkley to Ralph Hanley due to John Hinckley who tried to assassinate Ronald Reagan.
The effects of the flying are a bit on the basic side and the series in 4:3 but good fun. I won't stick the titles up as it will spoil the pilot for the series.
I imported the full series from America on DVD I liked it that much.

There showing the The Greatest American Hero which was first broadcast in 1981.
Its a superhero series but played just like you be one rather than dong everything perfect. William Katt plays the everyman hero, with Robert Culp/Bill the FBI agent whos coming up with all sorts of scenarios for Katt to help with, and lovely Connie Sellecca as his girlfriend Pam.
In season 2 William Katt characters name was changed from Ralph Hinkley to Ralph Hanley due to John Hinckley who tried to assassinate Ronald Reagan.
The effects of the flying are a bit on the basic side and the series in 4:3 but good fun. I won't stick the titles up as it will spoil the pilot for the series.
I imported the full series from America on DVD I liked it that much.
Used to love this program, Saturday viewings as a kid :)

Used to love this program, Saturday viewings as a kid :)
They mucked the series about something rotten it was shown in an other region to mine where a mate lived and he recorded a couple for me but did not want the bother. Then when shown in mine was shown about 11pm (same as his) and I think it was pulled before the last season was shown. This should have had a early evening tea time slot same as the A Team.
There were planning a spin off The Greatest American Heroine and did a one off but it was absolutely dire.

The quality of the series not HD and more or less the quality what you see back then.

They mucked the series about something rotten it was shown in an other region to mine where a mate lived and he recorded a couple for me but did not want the bother. Then when shown in mine was shown about 11pm (same as his) and I think it was pulled before the last season was shown. This should have had a early evening tea time slot same as the A Team.
There were planning a spin off The Greatest American Heroine and did a one off but it was absolutely dire.

The quality of the series not HD and more or less the quality what you see back then.

Getting flashbacks of CondorMan now :)

Attachments

• c.JPG
    c.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 48
I never seen it but not long ago was recommended not to watch it.
I think it was a stinker, I thought I had erased it from my mind too :)

Last edited:
a cinematic classic

Why the heck did they have to put them bad accents on when it obvious there English actors Olly at least to the Americans.

If you don't mind old cliffhanger series I just spotted Batman and Robin 1949 serial on this is the second serial and not as good as the first 1940s which they use some termanology I don't think they could use today.
Oh the on screen Bam and Pow etc they show is not in the series.

Apologies if this is old news, but I see Expanse Seasons 1-3 are now on in UHD. Time to start watching that again.

Prisoners - Hugh Jackman, Jake Gyllenhaal, Viola Davis
Directed by Denis Villeneuve

Highly recommended thriller.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom