AVForums Black Friday & Cyber Monday UK 2016: Deals and Bargains

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Is there any way you can search through the offers? I fancy an SSD.

The interface is painful unless I just haven't found the right one

Is it me, or are Amazon just peddling the same crap every day?

It's not just you. I've found this years Black Friday event to be the worst ever. The layout is terrible with all the different types of deals. Why did Amazon change it from the easy to use system of previous years? I've seen nothing remotely worth getting that wasn't cheaper before.

It used to be so simple looking at the upcoming deals by time, but the layout this year is dreadful and you can't filter out a load of rubbish

I've found if you click lightning deals on the left of the page, that at least will show the timed ones. Then you can further filter by type.

I've also noticed that they have added something to their URL so it doesn't work when you paste it into the camel website.

Looking at their lightning deals at the moment it all appears to be cheap unbranded rubbish. Haven't seen anything that I have even remotely been interested in.

The forum's Amazon Black Friday feature seems to be broken - no items:

Amazon Black Friday 2016 Deals | AVForums

upload_2016-11-23_9-43-17.png

Attachments

• upload_2016-11-23_9-42-33.png
    upload_2016-11-23_9-42-33.png
    115.2 KB · Views: 208
This year's Black Friday sucks balls. Nuff said!

This year's Black Friday sucks balls. Nuff said!

But, but, but it's not Friday yet.....

And it pretty much sucks every year although i do tend to pickup a few things - have already got some bits and saved myself a good £50

This is the best tool to see what price a product has been over the past year or so on Amazon. Also worth spotting when the price dips have previously occurred.

Amazon price tracker, Amazon price history charts, price watches, and price drop alerts.

The prices chart on that site make no sense. Why are there such massive jumps up and down from a realistic price to some imaginary low price continuously eg. for SR7010 receiver from about 1200 up and down to about 480:

Marantz SR7010 - AV receivers (AM, FM, AAC, ALAC, FLAC, MP3, WAV, WMA, Spotify, vTuner) (B016AT0GJ4)

Same thing for SR7009 model - this graph is all over the place:

Marantz SR7009 Networked Home Cinema Receiver (Black) (B00N23FVX8)

Seems to be garbage data being read, stored and graphed on that site which is pretty much useless.

The prices chart on that site make no sense. Why are there such massive jumps up and down from a realistic price to some imaginary low price continuously eg. for SR7010 receiver from about 1200 up and down to about 480:

Marantz SR7010 - AV receivers (AM, FM, AAC, ALAC, FLAC, MP3, WAV, WMA, Spotify, vTuner) (B016AT0GJ4)

Seems to be garbage data being read, stored and graphed on that site which is pretty much useless.

That's the third-party-seller graph which will be all over the place - I try to stick to the 'sold by Amazon' price which is more stable. Not available for your links - is that product discontinued?

That's the third-party-seller graph which will be all over the place - I try to stick to the 'sold by Amazon' price which is more stable. Not available for your links - is that product discontinued?

They are previous years models yes. The SR7011 is latest, but it is not on Amazon for some reason (not that I'd be able to afford or want that model)

Thought I'd found a great deal on a tw9300 projector point were listing both inc and ex vat prices as the same, it vanished about an hour later so I'm guessing pricing error, wish I'd try to buy it but I doubt it would have turned up.

I share your frustrations with some of the data but it seems to be more accurate with smaller value items. At the end of the day, it's better than nothing. Can you suggest something else?

Just looking at a new Dell XPS laptop ( with a touchscreen ) and a very similar/better spec than the new macbook pro. They have 12% off until Monday and the price is £1000 less than the new macbook so it looks like Dell will get my credit card details.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom