Phil Hinton

Editor
Staff member
Reaction score
I want
The Q Acoustics Speakers
The Denon AV
The Panasonic Player
...And a House in the Countryside so I wouldn't get evicted the first time I fired them all up!

(Used to have one - The Ex-Missus has that now :()

I want
The Q Acoustics Speakers
The Denon AV
The Panasonic Player
...And a House in the Countryside so I wouldn't get evicted the first time I fired them all up!

(Used to have one - The Ex-Missus has that now :()
There is no way I'd let my ex have the Denon ! ;)

Nice list lads, I do hope the Pany player prices comes down a fair bit in 2019, looks like a very nice bit of kit.

There is no way I'd let my ex have the Denon ! ;)
She got the House, but I got away with the Studio Series JBL's & the rest of the Hi Fi...

About all I got, though!

EDIT: This was a Long, Long time ago, in a far distant Galaxy (Derbyshire)
:)

Guaranteed to produce cracks up the wall. Love it !

I want
The Q Acoustics Speakers
The Denon AV
The Panasonic Player

Unrelated to the article but I have MA Silver 10's (and the MA silver sub) in a central London flat on the third floor - it's an old building with THICK walls and my neighbours swear they can't hear them even when I have them turned up loud. The people above and below me on the other hand I am unsure, but they haven't complained yet!

Unrelated to the article but I have MA Silver 10's (and the MA silver sub) in a central London flat on the third floor - it's an old building with THICK walls and my neighbours swear they can't hear them even when I have them turned up loud. The people above and below me on the other hand I am unsure, but they haven't complained yet!
2obbti.jpg

..... Also what about the Marantz SR8012 if one can't fit six Dolby or DTS:X enabled speakers in the room but (only) four? As i've stated on another thread the quality of the two channel sound is also important, well for me anyway.

Ok after a hard day at work maybe I'm missing something (apologies if this is the case), but TV's/Projectors?...
Explained in the opening text of the article, there are separate category articles coming for TVs, Projectors and Hi-Fi.

Explained in the opening text of the article, there are separate category articles coming for TVs, Projectors and Hi-Fi.

In future awards will there be more categories with a broader range of prices to suit all pockets?

I got the beam setup on the 65nu8000. Really nice. Now need to get a Denon amp, an C8 OLED so they can pair with my KK and SVS sub!!!! :)

I'm impressed - I would have thought that ANY flat in Central London would be difficult to use a powerful system in. More power to you, & never leave! :):thumbsup:

Good article. However I can't quite see how the Sonos won out for best soundbar under £1000. Presently Currys's have a Sonos setup that allows you to play selected music and movies and select from the Sonos Beam, PlayBar and PlayBase as the output ... all of which are under £1000. Don't get me wrong, the Beam sounds good but the PlayBar sounds better, whilst the PlayBase blows it out of the water. Astounded at just how good the Base sounds. Of course the Beam wins out in terms of it having a HDMI connection.

Hi Phil can you help please, I am buying the Xbox ones S but since I will buying mostly all the DVD UHD from ITALY do you know if the Xbox play them or not?? Grazie mille.

Good article. However I can't quite see how the Sonos won out for best soundbar under £1000. Presently Currys's have a Sonos setup that allows you to play selected music and movies and select from the Sonos Beam, PlayBar and PlayBase as the output ... all of which are under £1000. Don't get me wrong, the Beam sounds good but the PlayBar sounds better, whilst the PlayBase blows it out of the water. Astounded at just how good the Base sounds. Of course the Beam wins out in terms of it having a HDMI connection.
AVF have not reviewed Playbar this year. Them's the rules.

Nice list lads, I do hope the Pany player prices comes down a fair bit in 2019, looks like a very nice bit of kit.
I'm hoping the Pioneer UDP-LX500 comes down in price too. A bit of a shame the LX500 wasn't reviewed; I bet it would be a real close call between the two.

Picked up a rel ht 1003 just before this was announced

Hi Phil can you help please, I am buying the Xbox ones S but since I will buying mostly all the DVD UHD from ITALY do you know if the Xbox play them or not?? Grazie mille.
All 4K Blu Rays (UHD) are region free

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom