AVForums Podcast: Episode 219 - 30th April 2018

PS am i right to conclude that Marvel have about a hundred good characters with their own films and crossover films, whereas DC have Batman, Superman, then Batman & Superman?

DC characters, Wonder Woman? Certainly a lot of distinctive villains.

Top 100 DC Characters

I'd also note it's down to the films not the characters. No one thought Guardians Of The Galaxy would be huge. I'd never heard of any of them but the first one was one of the best films so far.

Also regarding Avengers.

What's the long term aim?

Ok, Thanos wipes out half the universe, more resources to go round. What's to stop the same situation developing again in a few generations?

Everyone's happy, more kids born, larger population again.

I'd also note it's down to the films not the characters. No one thought Guardians Of The Galaxy would be huge. I'd never heard of any of them but the first one was one of the best films so far.

My main conclusion when leaving the cinema was that i should watch these particular films!

MB

Have I missed the review of the UHZ65 somewhow?

This is the price that I pay for being too busy (planning for my film shows at the end of May, applying for a job with the Scottish Civil Service which entailed three online tests - Verbal Reasoning, Numerical Reasoning and Situational Judgement - hosting the unexpected arrival of an ex-girlfriend, preparing three reports for the table-tennis Annual General Meeting in early May) hence I've not had time to listen to this podcast until today, only six weeks late!!

It was quite a pleasant surprise to hear Mr Withers mention my name regarding his visit to me in Edinburgh to calibrate my Sony 75ZD9 television! I'm not quite sure why his mention of my Samsung UE75H6400 television which has now been moved to the kitchen caused quite so much mirth - actually, I've had a 75" television in the kitchen since August 2016, when I bought the Samsung and moved the previous top dog, the Sony KDL75W855C television from the parlour to the kitchen. (That Sony is now on a year's rest in the hall.) Because the ceiling in the kitchen is a false one and is three feet lower than the ceiling in the parlour (although the two rooms are very nearly the same size, parlour 18' x 14', kitchen 17' x 14'), a television looks much bigger in the kitchen than it does in the parlour. Quite often I go into the kitchen and I look at the 75" television and I say to myself "Look at the size of that TV!" whereas I very seldom say that of the identically-sized 75" television in the parlour! And there are some details of the kitchen stuff in my signature.

Oh, one major correction, Mr Withers! You said that my username was "Son of Sam". My username is actually "SonOfSJ", because the initials of my father's forenames were SJ, and he was popularly known as SJ. I think you'll find that "Son of Sam" was a serial killer, real name David Berkowitz , not like my nice father at all!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom