AVForums Podcast: Episode 256 - 11th March 2019

best English accents by an American in a film is clearly a toss up
between Dick Van Dyke (Mary Poppins) and Don Cheadle (Oceans Eleven)

Honorary mentions Richard Gere's Oirish Accent in the Jackal and Russell Crowe in Robin Hood

I look forward to the video format YouTube reviews. Also nice that I can plan toilet dumps based on Ed’s written reviews - it is proven that a stimulating read promotes and aids excretion, so Ed is actually improving the digestive health of his readers. Thank you Ed.

One humble suggestion for your consideration is measuring intenet bandwidth especially as AI processing is mapping back to Manufacturers servers, just like Google has been doing for years on Google Photos App.

I don’t want a TV that eats too much bandwidth. It has to be efficient which is challenging to get right.

I've just read that Apollo 11 will be getting a Blu-ray release in the States on the 14th of May. Annoyingly there's no mention of a 4K release. Come on Universal and IMAX, this is the kind of stuff 4K disc was made for! So much utter rubbish gets released on UHD BD, but not the really good stuff.

So much rubbish I indeed, but if people will buy rubbish, then that's what they'll put out

Can I request Brexit is on next week's agenda as I'm now totally confused after Wednesday's vote in the Commons. Please put it towards the end as Ed will have enjoyed a few beers by then. On the plus side in the event of a no deal, I see that the 14% tariff on the import of TVs will be removed.

Can I request Brexit is on next week's agenda as I'm now totally confused after Wednesday's vote in the Commons. Please put it towards the end as Ed will have enjoyed a few beers by then. On the plus side in the event of a no deal, I see that the 14% tariff on the import of TVs will be removed.

That would require one seriously long podcast!

Any (temporary, as the published notice says) saving of 14% would be wiped out by a similar depreciation of the GBP I the advent of no deal......I'll leave it there....

That would require one seriously long podcast!

Any (temporary, as the published notice says) saving of 14% would be wiped out by a similar depreciation of the GBP I the advent of no deal......I'll leave it there....

I can summarise in one sentence if you like: Brexit is a stupid idea.

Last edited:
I can summarise in one sentence if you like: Brexit is a stupid idea.

Is and always was a pointless exercise in symbolism (yes, yes, I'm not unsympathetic to the cause, but the project doesn't stand up to any scrutiny)

But hey, we're only part was through what it likely a lost decade, so let's not rush to judgement.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom