AVForums Podcast: Episode 260 - 8th April 2019

Phil Hinton

Editor
Staff member
Reaction score
00:00:48 - What has the team done this week?
00:13:31 - Current Competitions
00:16:25 - BBC to stream FA Cup Final in 4K UHD HDR
00:19:47 - LG Announces pricing and availability of 2019 OLED TVs
00:32:18 - Ed's review line-up
00:36:40 - Record Store Day
00:42:54 - Ed's playlist now on Spotify
00:45:17 - Mark discusses Google Stadia
01:04:11 - Phil reviews Shazam! in 3D IMAX
01:12:01 - Cas rounds-up the best streaming series and films
01:20:41 - This week's cinema releases
01:24:12 - This week's 4K and Blu-ray releases
01:29:18 - Goodbyes

Presented by Phil Hinton with Ed Selley, Cas Harlow and Mark Botwright

Beer52 promotion -
Join Beer52

Note: If you are having problems with subscription services and Apps, please deselect and then re-subscribe to the podcast feed, thanks.

Subscription link: AVForums Podcast

Time: 01:30:17 | File Size: 134mb | Direct Link

Last edited:
Great show guys and being topical I currently have >
4eeTV2Q.jpg

on display...;)

Does anyone know what Samsung are going to do with their Apple integration, Apple are known to support Dolby Vision with their iTunes movies but Samsung's lack of it means one of the two will have to buckle somewhere...

Does anyone know what Samsung are going to do with their Apple integration, Apple are known to support Dolby Vision with their iTunes movies but Samsung's lack of it means one of the two will have to buckle somewhere...

I'd imagine that it would be no different to how it is whenever you now access anything with Dolby Vision HDR on a Samsung TV and that anything you access that has Dolby Vision will be portrayed using HDR10? This is how any device not compliant with Dolby Vision acts if able to portray HDR10. The same goes for HDR10+ content accessed via Amazon onboard LG TVs. You just get the HDR10 layer and not HDR10+. Dolby Vision isn't a requirement for Apple TV and is only needed in order to get Dolby Vision HDR. Samsung don't have to include support for Dolby Vision in order to include Apple TV and Dolby Vision compliance isn't a requirement for Apple TV.

Last edited:
According to Just Watch Sorcerer is on AppleTV
JustWatch
I wasn't a fan of it TBH, a nodded off part way through as it was a bit too slow for my taste, but did catch the bridge scene

Just Watch is highly recommended website/app for finding films and shows and what they're available on. (I'm not affiliated with them).

According to Just Watch Sorcerer is on AppleTV
JustWatch
I wasn't a fan of it TBH, a nodded off part way through as it was a bit too slow for my taste, but did catch the bridge scene

Just Watch is highly recommended website/app for finding films and shows and what they're available on. (I'm not affiliated with them).

You can also buy or rent it via Amazon Video:
https://amazon.co.uk/Sorcerer-Roy-Scheider/dp/B078TD8BP5/ref=sr_1_2?crid=2F7Q03R440Y3H&keywords=sorcerer&qid=1554806299&s=gateway&sprefix=sorcerer,aps,135&sr=8-2

Wasn't this film discussed in a previous Podcast last year when the 40th Aniversarry Blu-ray was released?

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Thanks gents and looking forward to all the planned hardware reviews which will get me through Easter. I assume they will be on YouTube as previously mentioned by Phil. I'm limited to 55 screens as I do not want any TV dominating the living room ( as does SWMBO ).

Last edited:
I'm limited to 55 screens as it do not want any TV dominating the living room ( as does SWMBO ).

How do you manage to watch 55 screens simultaneously? This seems a bit of an extreme measure to stop any one screen dominating the room :confused:

How do you manage to watch 55 screens simultaneously? This seems a bit of an extreme measure to stop any one screen dominating the room :confused:
Ahem.

Neo_in_Arch_room.png

Chaps, on a previous recent podcast you mentioned that you were interested in finding something to keep your screen and equipment clean. I’ve not found anything better than this product ROR Residual Oil Cleaner ROR Optics Cleaner - Residual Oil Remover - distributed by Newpro UK Ltd
I use it on my SLR lenses and displays. Absolutely brilliant product.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom