AVForums Podcast: Episode 267 - 24th June 2019

Phil Hinton

Editor
Staff member
Reaction score
00:00:46 - What has the team done this week?
00:14:34 - Current Competitions
00:16:35 - Steve reviews the Yamaha RX-A1080 AV Receiver
00:32:01 - Ed reviews the Primare I15 Prisma Amp
00:35:38 - Reviews coming soon
00:46:07 - Cas reviews Toy Story 4
00:51:57 - Films released this week
01:04:51 - 4K and Blu-ray discs released this week
01:06:20 - Streaming releases this week
01:10:11 - The best films set in New York
01:22:36 - Goodbyes

Presented by Phil Hinton with Steve Withers, Cas Harlow and Ed Selley

Note:
If you are having problems with subscription services and Apps, please deselect and then re-subscribe to the podcast feed, thanks.

Subscription link: AVForums Podcast

Time: 01:23:50 | File Size: 161mb | Direct Link

Just noticed my local Cineworld is showing Apollo 11 in IMAX. Looks like there's several locations across the country.

Are we going to read “UHD sales plummet” now Steve can stream HDR!

Could the podcast be made available on Stitcher please? I usually listen on youtube but this is not very data efficient to have on in the car!

Alexa works really well for me with my Logitech Harmony Hub. It gives me a lot of control over my setup and works generally pretty well (I won't admit it's perfect though). It can be nice to kick off an activity from upstairs and come down to find it up and running

Any chance you can sort out Cas' microphone? It always sounds slightly muffled to me and I miss the odd word here and there as a result. Volume is fine it's just the sound quality.

Cheers

G

Going to see Apollo 11 on Friday at the IMAX with Laser in Leicester Square. Has a Q&A with the director Todd Douglas Miller following the showing. Cant wait! Apollo 11 Plus Live Q and A | Book tickets at Cineworld Cinemas

No mention of Home Alone 2: Lost in New York? It's the only film on sale in the most touristy place in Manhattan; the Empire State Building gift shop! It also like Die Hard with a Vengeance, makes use of the city in the plot.

Nice Podcast as per usual - Cheers!

Re The best films set in New York;

Midnight Cowboy
&
Do The Right Thing

are two more that deserve a mention (just ordered a copy of Midnight Cowboy which is why it came to mind)

Thanks again. In terms of current telly i thoroughly recommend "what we do in the shadows". It's had me howling.

MB

Does this mean you’re a werewolf? Stay away from my shrubbery.

Great show, I think every episode should end with Phil saying “Enough now”.

Booked for Apollo 11 at Cineworld this weekend, well reminded!

New York movies:

Across 110th Street does the dirty 70s vibe well.
Keeping The Faith is a love letter to NYC
All the Spider-Man movies showcase the city and illustrate how useless his powers would be on 99% of the world’s surface :laugh:

Thanks gents.

Phil - How does your AVR cope with the changing dynamics of your room in view of all the boxes?

Thankfully Alexa did not go beserk whilst I listened to the podcast on the Sonos Ones in the kitchen. I tend to switch that feature off during mealtimes as the kids are forever asking for Alexa to play " The poo poo " song. Tell your kids at your peril!

Great podcast yet again guys. cant wait to hear you for more than two weeks in a row.

Word has it that Theodor Rex was in a future New York.......it probably wasn't.

Update - saw Apollo 11 in IMAX

Jaw-dropping, precisely what the format was invented for.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom