AVForums Podcast: Episode 269 - 8th July 2019

Phil Hinton

Editor
Staff member
Reaction score
00:03:24 - What has the team done this week?
00:11:27 - Current Competitions
00:13:29 - Steve reviews the BK Electronics P12-300SB-PR Subwoofer
00:21:18 - Phil Reviews the Panasonic GX800 LED LCD TV
00:27:53 - Ed reviews the Volumio Primo Network Audio Player
00:30:25 - Loewe closure - Is there a High-End TV market in 2019?
00:45:43 - Steve and Phil review Spider-Man: Far from Home
00:56:43 - Films released this week
01:02:13 - 4K and Blu-ray disc releases this week
01:04:18 - Streaming releases this week
01:08:04 - Should Stranger Things be released all in one or weekly to keep the hype building? 01:11:20 - What classic films do we want to see on the big screen again?
01:28:24 - Goodbyes

Presented by Phil Hinton with Steve Withers, Ed Selley and Mark Botwright

Note:
If you are having problems with subscription services and Apps, please deselect and then re-subscribe to the podcast feed, thanks.

Subscription link: AVForums Podcast

Time: 01:29:29 | File Size: 171mb | Direct Link

Re Cinerama, Pictureville Cinema in Bradford at the national science and media museum is able to project this format. Apparently it is the only public Cinerama projection system outside the USA. (according to wikipedia).

The ultimate 70mm Cinerama experience imo, is the "Beyond the infinite" sequence from Kubrick's "2001" - and I saw it back in the day, on that giant screen, when I was a kid. Blew my brains out. I've never been the same since !

Great podcast guys I did own a Loewe once but it was way back in the late days of crt, I think it was a 32 inch Planus in black and I bought it ex dem along with a Yamaha AX1 that's still going strong at my parents. The combined weight of those two nearly destroyed the back axle of the Punto on the journey home

Great podcast!
Thanks for the heads up on Jaws, managed to catch it in the cinema, I think back in 2012 before the blu release, you just cant beat it on the big screen!

Quality podcast, always has me laughing at my desk

You've made me want go home and & re-watch the whole of the Fist Of The North Star saga

On a side note I was once looking for ET for a film based school topic & my search brought up ET : The Extra Testicle :blush:

00:03:24 - What has the team done this week?
00:11:27 - Current Competitions
00:13:29 - Steve reviews the BK Electronics P12-300SB-PR Subwoofer
00:21:18 - Phil Reviews the Panasonic GX800 LED LCD TV
00:27:53 - Ed reviews the Volumio Primo Network Audio Player
00:30:25 - Loewe closure - Is there a High-End TV market in 2019?
00:45:43 - Steve and Phil review Spider-Man: Far from Home
00:56:43 - Films released this week
01:02:13 - 4K and Blu-ray disc releases this week
01:04:18 - Streaming releases this week
01:08:04 - Should Stranger Things be released all in one or weekly to keep the hype building? 01:11:20 - What classic films do we want to see on the big screen again?
01:28:24 - Goodbyes

Presented by Phil Hinton with Steve Withers, Ed Selley and Mark Botwright

Note:
If you are having problems with subscription services and Apps, please deselect and then re-subscribe to the podcast feed, thanks.

Subscription link: AVForums Podcast

Time: 01:29:29 | File Size: 171mb | Direct Link

Hello Phil,

Is there a podcast in which you discuss the Sennheiser Ambeo soundbar?

Are you going to review it?

Great podcast guys (as always). It'd be great to get 4K discs for Lawrence of Arabia and Jaws (although...how more fake will the shark look?) but what we really need, finally is THE ABYSS and TRUE LIES...come on Cameron, stop faffing around with Avatar and get those approved!

Loewe TVs - the only thing heavier than a Sony Trinitron. Not a terrible idea for one of the big brands to pick up the name and use it for ultra top-end stuff.

Spider-man FFH is the first movie available in the 270 wraparound screen at my local Cineworld. A modern version of cinerama for Phil?

I had a 32inch Loewe Tv , it was great picture before we had HD.

BTW - Jaws is (sort of) available in 4K on Sky Movies.

Hello Phil,

Is there a podcast in which you discuss the Sennheiser Ambeo soundbar?

Are you going to review it?

Last edited:
You might be interested in this documentary Steve. I think you mentioned it in a previous podcast.

08E5A4B1-4350-4113-8E43-9B444340358A.jpeg

I've still got, in grade "A" condition, the original untouched Star Wars trilogy on THX VHS including the case.

I also still have a fully working Panasonic NVHS1000 S-VHS deck within my Hi-Fi / AV rack complete with a working remote so I can still watch them But as I have them (like many others) on BD's er I don't. By the way any film with an "uber" driver in it is a no, no for me. :censored: :nono: Apart from that an enjoyable poddy guys. ;)

Last edited:
Panasonic S-VHS.jpg Er messed up above piccies here.

Attachments

• Star Wars VHS.JPG
    Star Wars VHS.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 120

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom