01:02:39 - 4K and Blu-ray discs released this week
01:06:50 - 4K and Blu-ray discs of the month
01:18:39 - Streaming releases this week
01:21:11 - Film news, trailers and TV trailers from SDCC
01:37:01 - Our thoughts on the passing of Rutger Hauer
01:40:31 - Goodbyes

Presented by Phil Hinton with Steve Withers, Cas Harlow and Ed Selley

Note:
If you are having problems with subscription services and Apps, please deselect and then re-subscribe to the podcast feed, thanks.

Subscription link: AVForums Podcast

Time: 01:41:31 | File Size: 201mb | Direct Link

I didnt know Rutger Hauer passed away. That's quite sad. Perfect quote from Bladerunner for it, I love that line.

Nice lenghty podcast, thanks for that. I wont get to listen until tomorrow morning but looking forward to it. I missed listening to you guys!

Thanks gents. I will listen to this and forthcoming episodes in the coming month when I have a couple of long plane flights and train journeys. Hope the other passengers don't mind me laughing occasionally if they are up to the usual standards.

Lots to cover this week, great show my dudes.

Regarding Panasonic TVs, like the sound of this new OLED. There is something almost undefinably “right” about the way a Panasonic picture looks, that can’t be told in graphs and stats. Need to start saving.

It was mentioned very briefly, but The Boys on Amazon is worth a look. Nicely violent and gory, a bit like Watchmen with a cynically commercial 21st century slant. Which doesn’t bode well for the actual Watchmen show coming from HBO!

Another gem in Rutger's back catalogue is Split Second where he is tracking a Xenomorph like creature through the waterlogged streets on London whilst sustaining himself with copius amounts of chocolate, I know it sounds bizarre but I have fond childhood memories of it

He made so many movies back in the day that the video shop became my favourite place to hang out hoping I'd get his latest offering

RIP

Oh thank lord I am not the only one who plays motorway shuffle to piss others off. My trick is to sit in the middle lane ( when all three lanes are full ) and indicate right and watch the cars shuffle up ....

As I drive a land rover defender, the fast lane is a lane not often travelled.

Thanks for another great podcast. Most enjoyable again. And the more I listen the more I think I might be related to ed.

Great guys - but please let people finish their sentences (points being made)
I would like to hear more of what Cas has to say - especially in that last section regarding 'expections' of franchise developments - he must have been cut off mid-sentance about 4 times - even Phil was getting cut off at times!

Trying to make a PG-13 Blade film? :nono: Disney?

This quote comes to mind: "Some m***********s always trying to ice skate uphill"

Great pod, really missed it these past few weeks. As I am in the market for a new TV, looking forward to the review of the LG amongst others

@Phil Hinton when are we likely to see the review of the GZ2000?

Ha ha oh sorry, I thought you had one already!
I was supposed to get one tomorrow, but it has been delayed. Reviews coming for the GX800 and GZ1500 though.

This week.
@Phil Hinton are you able to test SKYQ whilst you have the GZ1500? Quite a few of us AVForums members are having issues with the GZ2000 and TV speaker crackling when watching DD programs on SKyQ such as the movies. It has also been mentioned by a couple GZ1500 owners also. And also crackling in the Internal Netflix app. Pana are not being too helpful at the moment on the issue and it’s being discussed in the owners thread Panasonic GZ2000 OLED Owners Thread

If it could be raised to anyone who might care at Pana would really appreciate it.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom