AVForums Podcast LIVE! 3rd May 2020 - BenQ 4K projector, Samsung Q95T Reviews and more...

Phil Hinton

Editor
Staff member
Reaction score
We had audio issues with our first-ever live podcast. We had to restart the video stream so there are two videos below and time stamps for the second part. We apologise for the quality of the audio and will be doing tests this week to make sure it doesn't happen again next week. The audio file is both edited together.

Part 1

Part 2

00:00:00 - Stream starts
00:00:49 - Start
00:03:41 - Current Competitions
00:04:40 - Phil reviews the BenQ TK810 4K DLP Projector
00:08:18 - Steve reviews the Samsung QE55Q95T 4K QLED TV
00:16:03 - Ed reviews the Neat Ministra Speakers
00:24:38 - Ed's playlist, album and vinyl of the month
00:32:25 - Movies
00:33:06 - Films of the Month
00:34:08 - Cas reviews Sea Fever
00:37:00 - Discs of the Month
00:42:18 - TV and Streaming releases this week
00:44:55 - TV and Streaming of the month
01:00:26 - Q&A
01:25:13 - Goodbyes
01:28:23 - Ends

Presented by Phil Hinton with Cas Harlow, Ed Selley and Steve Withers

Note: If you are having problems with subscription services and Apps, please deselect and then re-subscribe to the podcast feed, thanks.

Subscription link: AVForums Podcast

Time: 01:33:34 | File Size: 171mb | Direct Link

Last edited:
Thank you for a fantastic Podcast. Good to see you guys. No Mark this week.

Considering this is one of your first attempts at live remote Streaming it went very well.

Interesting backgrounds.

Only one minor technicality which can be addressed. The quality of the audio is oddly harsh sounding. I tried listening on both YouTube on my Sony AF9 and via Apple Podcasts on iPadPro. Sound is not too good. Especially compared to your usual podcasts. Maybe it is a Skype setting.

Dammit missed it again, 3rd time lucky

Hi Guys

Thanks for this evolution of the podcast and for answering my question on reviewing KEF speakers in the future. Look foward to more. I am sure the audio issue will get sorted, it was a little grating but could make out what everyone was saying.

What about the chance of a guest appearance from a forum member?

Thanks

Gordon

Will listen to this later, had a quick look to see what people looked like. The only person on this week I have not seen before is Cas. I had always imaginied he would be far paler than he is due to all the hours sat infront of the TV. Looking healthy Cas :thumbsup:

Will listen to this later, had a quick look to see what people looked like. The only person on this week I have not seen before is Cas. I had always imaginied he would be far paler than he is due to all the hours sat infront of the TV. Looking healthy Cas :thumbsup:

I embedded sunbed lamps into the frame of my TV so I could tan and stream simultaneously.

I'm only 3 Netflix reviews away from being able to host Bargain Hunt.

I embedded sunbed lamps into the frame of my TV so I could tan and stream simultaneously.

I'm only 3 Netflix reviews away from being able to host Bargain Hunt.
You must have had your TV Calibrated for Tan optimisation rather then picture quality. Who did the Calibration.

I managed to catch some of this live. Even when watched back its still enjoyable.
Well done chaps !

Great call on Fiona Apple's When the Pawn... * album @Ed Selley , one of my backseat favourites. Quirky and interesting. Can't believe that was released in 99.
I saw she'd released a new album but not got around to listening so that's going on after the podcast thanks to your recommendation.

* full FA album title
When the Pawn Hits the Conflicts He Thinks Like a King What He Knows Throws the Blows When He Goes to the Fight and He'll Win the Whole Thing 'fore He Enters the Ring There's No Body to Batter When Your Mind Is Your Might So When You Go Solo, You Hold Your Own Hand and Remember That Depth Is the Greatest of Heights and If You Know Where You Stand, Then You Know Where to Land and If You Fall It Won't Matter, Cuz You'll Know That You're Right

Current record holder is Chumbawamba's
The Boy Bands Have Won, and All the Copyists and the Tribute Bands and the TV Talent Show Producers Have Won, If We Allow Our Culture to Be Shaped by Mimicry, Whether from Lack of Ideas or from Exaggerated Respect. You Should Never Try to Freeze Culture. What You Can Do Is Recycle That Culture. Take Your Older Brother's Hand-Me-Down Jacket and Re-Style It, Re-Fashion It to the Point Where It Becomes Your Own. But Don't Just Regurgitate Creative History, or Hold Art and Music and Literature as Fixed, Untouchable and Kept Under Glass. The People Who Try to 'Guard' Any Particular Form of Music Are, Like the Copyists and Manufactured Bands, Doing It the Worst Disservice, Because the Only Thing That You Can Do to Music That Will Damage It Is Not Change It, Not Make It Your Own. Because Then It Dies, Then It's Over, Then It's Done, and the Boy Bands Have Won

With Beard...

280884BD-A3A8-4FDC-9D4B-3A26027884C5.jpeg

I was not able to ask this question infront of the wife whilst watching the Podcast with her - she was shaking her head in a very disapproving manor, muttering ‘So this is what you spend all your time on”.

My question to Ed would have been:
Can I treat my room acoustics to drown out specifically the nagging wife noise?

ACF48C0A-5208-4AE4-BAAE-EAB5801EC4F5.jpeg

This looks like the worst Babestation ever.

Good job on evolving the podcast, the Q&A at the end is a great idea. Great to hear @Steve Withers getting into The Last Dance, exceptional TV.

I could complain about the audio quality, but I was listening through a single off-brand Bluetooth earbud while taking my daughter out for a walk in the buggy, so horses for courses.

To be honest, end result was the same as the usual weekly show, an enjoyable mix of bants and insight.

Year 2037:
The Future Global Superstars that once upon a time started a AV YouTube Live feed during lock down.

We know them now this year 2037 as Global Super Stars each with a Fortune 500 Brand worth Billions, but where did they start. They started a little techy podcast in 2020 on YouTube [YouTube now known as by Disney TIME after acquisition].

PHIL HINTON
Phil Hinton is ofcourse known globally to be the founder of HINTON RACING. The ultimate supercar drive experience available to drive at Hinton Racing tracks. He has the patent on human driving and is legally the only place a human can self drive today. Self Driving was made illegal on all public roads from 2034.

STEVE WITHERS
Steve Withers enjoyed the spoils of Disney Time/YouTube stardom when he tried his hand in rock guitar music. He is now the main Guitarist for U2 and plays solo in Concerts at the most prestigious events, to include Royal Family birthdays and Presidential celebrations. The term coined “I did a Steve Wither” is commonly popular and translated in 122 languages. His Book/Autobiography is number 1 best seller 3years running - a total phenomenon.

CAS HARLOW
Sir Cas Harlow purchased Virgin Businesses following mega stardom and re-branded to Cas Harlow Exotic Retreats. A Westworld style retreat based actually on hit 2019 series WESTWORLD. Single person 5day trip costs 5 times more then a space shuttle around the globe at £350 million. There is no comparison. His retreat has over 15000 biotechnology patents and also contributes to human health care innovation.

EDD SELLEY
Edd Selley topped the best selling Barbeque Beer which we all know and love as “a Selley”. It is also the best selling Beer world wide and outsells water. His brand acquired the mighty CCSB/Coca Cola in 2033.

MARK BOTWRIGHT
Mark Botwright from tinkering in his garden created a range of DIY Tools - Botright. The term “Do it right, do it botright” is the most successful ad campaign in Europe and Usa.

thought i was watching crime watch most wanted when the live mug shots appeared........;) all you need now is the tights to complete the bunch of armed robbers look......

....all in jest guys-good effort and normal to have a few teething issues:thumbsup:

Missed the live version. Great stuff tho. Maybe a nice idea would be to show pics of people's gear and also the new stuff, on-screen ? I didn't know they still made Transmission Line speakers. I love my ancient huge studio IMF's. Have you guys ever thought of reviewing video cameras, btw ?

Great show guys...I really enjoy the podcast while commuting.

Please, please, please keep the podcast! It greatly helps my commute. Also thank you for bleeping choice words. I'm all about it but I do listen with my kids for the first half of my commute.

It would be great if you could repeat the titles of music, movies and whatnot. I can't tell you the amount of times I have to go back to catch a title. You guys are my key source of what's worth watching.

Otherwise it sounds like you are on the SQ issue.

Keep up the good work

The podcast is not going anywhere. We think we have solved the audio issues for the video stream and will also record sound separately for the audio podcast release.

Thanks gents and whilst I missed the live session, I have since watched it and enjoyed the video aspect. Hopefully you can resolve the audio issues by next week. I guess I will decide on which version I watch/listen to in the future will depend on the content and what I'm doing at the time.

We gave up with Tiger King like Phil, but even earlier after episode 1. As for Gangs of London - great series and the violence has not been as bad as described.

I think it would be great if the Monday and Thursday live Video Podcasts could both be published on Apple Podcasts in addition or instead of the audio only version.

Perhaps you could consider splitting content with Monday focusing on hardware reviews and Thursday on Movies/TV Streaming/Music play lists. I feel more time could be designated to Streaming reviews and you could even get in some of your other Content reviewers.

only my humble feedback. Just remember us little people when you are all super rich and powerful.

I think it would be great if the Monday and Thursday live Video Podcasts could both be published on Apple Podcasts in addition or instead of the audio only version.

Perhaps you could consider splitting content with Monday focusing on hardware reviews and Thursday on Movies/TV Streaming/Music play lists. I feel more time could be designated to Streaming reviews and you could even get in some of your other Content reviewers.

only my humble feedback. Just remember us little people when you are all super rich and powerful.
When did we start doing a Monday and Thursday podcast? I didn't get the memo!

There is no Thursday podcast, we did a one-off test last week. The podcast will be LIVE on a Sunday night and is the same format as normal but with a small Q&A at the end of each one. It will go out as usual as an audio-only podcast on Monday on iTunes, Spotify and so on.

Thanks for the feedback

When did we start doing a Monday and Thursday podcast? I didn't get the memo!

There is no Thursday podcast, we did a one-off test last week. The podcast will be LIVE on a Sunday night and is the same format as normal but with a small Q&A at the end of each one. It will go out as usual as an audio-only podcast on Monday on iTunes, Spotify and so on.

Thanks for the feedback
Understood. My mistake. Thanks

I expected Steve to be wearing a flight suit if he's taking down the Empire

Excellent work guys. Very professional and excellent questions asked by your listeners. The 5.2.4 vs 7.2.2 debate was certainly interesting. I've a 5.1.2 setup myself but my processor has capacity to go up to 7.2.4. Something to think about for the future.

I wouldn't be surprised if you guys receive a call from Prime or Netflix about piloting an AVForums TV series! ;-) Could almost fill the void left by the Grand Tour (with Stuart acting as the unseen Mr Whilman). Joking aside - excellent video podcast - thoroughly enjoyed this. Thanks guys.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom