AVForums Podcast: Philips OLED 854 & OLED+984 Reviews, Amazon HD Music Service and more - 21/10/19

I don’t know much about the Amazon Indians or Inuit, but the Masai actually rarely eat meat - they see their livestock as too valuable to slaughter. When they do, their tradition of drinking milk mixed with cows blood is thought to help with undernourishment, in that it sort of congeals in the stomach and stops one feeling hungry. Lean bodies they tend to have, yes, but I think it’s fair to say it’s not a result of an idyllic diet...

I eat a lot of meat - I’m sorry to say covering mainly the lower spectrum of quality - but have been meaning to cut back for ages. Thanks for the reminder lads, will def check out the documentary.

On an AV note, @Ed Selley, you mentioned Amazon HD only has blue sound on board 3rd party wise. So I guess their existing integrations with the likes of Sonos and HEOS still works but just doesn’t give you HD music?

Cheers for a great ep.

Thought Ed's comments about music streaming services were interesting. With regards to Tidal's situation, you can get a free two month trial if you are a Times newspaper subscriber. I'm more than happy with my Spotify Premium Family ( especially the kids ), but I would like a better download quality. Is this Tidal deal a possible sign of the issues they are facing?

Some sort of goo has been squirted into the wall cavities too. Thing is, it isn't my money and right now I'm pleasantly warm.
And the tawdry euphemism of the week goes to......

Simple take away ………..don't eat crap food ……...don't over eat...……...and do what your grandparents told you ………….everything in moderation...……………...and exercise

watched The Game Changers and disliked the propaganda being thrown at me. i'd agree best to just eat everything in moderation (unless you want to go vegetarian) . i try and have my vegetarian dinners a couple of times a week and then meat a few times a week. as said we are coming up on 8billion people on the planet, it's going to have an affect on the environment

watched The Game Changers and disliked the propaganda being thrown at me. i'd agree best to just eat everything in moderation (unless you want to go vegetarian) . i try and have my vegetarian dinners a couple of times a week and then meat a few times a week. as said we are coming up on 8billion people on the planet, it's going to have an affect on the environment
what they didn't tell you
The propaganda film ..I mean 'documentary' was funded by a Pea Protein company, every 'expert' in the film is a vegan who sells vegan books and products, many people who were scheduled to appear were cut from the movie because...……………...they started eating animal products again before it came out...…………..Arnie (who won all his titles eating copious amounts of meat) has recently invested in a Pea protein company...……………..much of the research quoted is utterly flawed,biased and cherry picked with a huge amount of assumptions thrown in ………………….but hey it makes good TV....or not

“Could not care less about new Star Wars film..

Still going to see the film though...” LOL

Disney loves you and thanks you for your money Phil. :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom