AVForums Podcast: The Future of TV With Quantum Dots - Episode 278 - 7th October

Phil Hinton

Editor
Staff member
Reaction score
00:00:00 - Sponsor message
00:01:07 - What have we done this week?
00:13:51 - Current Competitions
00:17:53 - Quantum Dot interview with Jason Hartlove from Nanosys
01:02:48 - Joker review
01:16:52 - Films released this week at the cinema
01:21:37 - 4K & Blu-ray discs released this week
01:29:52 - Streaming releases this week
01:30:57 - Film & TV releases we are looking forward to before the end of the year
01:42:58 - Goodbyes

Presented by Phil Hinton with Steve Withers, Cas Harlow and Ed Selley

Note: If you are having problems with subscription services and Apps, please deselect and then re-subscribe to the podcast feed, thanks.

Subscription link: AVForums Podcast

Time: 01:43:43 | File Size: 189mb | Direct Link

Another excellent podcast guys.

Very interesting discussion with Jason, was hoping for some 2020 QDOled, hopefully will see a demo at CES.

Can’t wait to read/watch your tv reviews Phil

Looking forward to War of the Worlds &
too.

That was a simple explanation into quantum dot? lol!!!

But the future looks (pun intended) very rosey. People asking how much better PQ can be should listen to this episode.

yet another awesome podcast guys. I love having the extra length. :eek::blush::blush::eek:

Last edited:
Thanks gents, albeit I had to listen to parts of the interview with Jason a couple of times in an attempt to understand it. My head is still spinning! Both interesting and fascinating.

Loving the “Tomorrow’s World” interview with Jason. A lot of us are very technically-minded, but we’re not engineers like him.

Agree with the sentiments about Joker, phenomenal piece of cinema, with a guaranteed Oscar for Phoenix. I did leave a bit troubled and haven’t stopped thinking about it since. I guess that means it’s a real work of art.

One glaring omission from the TV/streaming roundup, is that the new series of The Good Place is on Netflix now, new episodes every Friday.

Loving the “Tomorrow’s World” interview with Jason. A lot of us are very technically-minded, but we’re not engineers like him.

Agree with the sentiments about Joker, phenomenal piece of cinema, with a guaranteed Oscar for Phoenix. I did leave a bit troubled and haven’t stopped thinking about it since. I guess that means it’s a real work of art.

One glaring omission from the TV/streaming roundup, is that the new series of The Good Place is on Netflix now, new episodes every Friday.
Not seen Joker and will wait for the disc. But going off the guys' thoughts, is not a bit "too much" for an Oscar judging panel? They might not see past the violence. Take Silence of The Lambs where it didn't celebrate it's hard to watch scenes.

Though of course this is all about the whole film, a good performance might get a nod at least

Definitely give this a watch at some point though.

Not seen Joker and will wait for the disc. But going off the guys' thoughts, is not a bit "too much" for an Oscar judging panel? They might not see past the violence. Take Silence of The Lambs where it didn't celebrate it's hard to watch scenes.

Though of course this is all about the whole film, a good performance might get a nod at least

Definitely give this a watch at some point though.

I don’t think it’s too spoilery to say that the entire film is his performance. Other characters tend to appear in the periphery or out of shot, or on TV screens.

There may be a bit of “woke” backlash against the film, but if I was nominated in the same category as Phoenix, I wouldn’t bother turning up.

hi Phil,

What’s with all the Movie/TV Spoilers in these Podcasts now?

This week Spoilers for the new Xmen Movie which many have not watched and only just been released on DVD/Digital Content.

Also major Spoilers for HBO Euphorio in a recent AVForums podcast.

You used to provide a clear warning about Spoilers at the beginning of the Podcast.

People will stop listening with such Spoilers. Bad.

Otherwise a fantastic Podcast and brilliant guest visitors. Good idea.

thank you

Last edited:
hi Phil,

What’s with all the Movie/TV Spoilers in these Podcasts now?

This week Spoilers for the new Xmen Movie which many have not watched and only just been released on DVD/Digital Content.

Also major Spolillers for HBO Euphorio in a recent AVForums podcast.

You used to provide a clear warning about Spoilers at the beginning of the Podcast.

People will stop listening with such Spoilers. Bad.

Otherwise a fantastic Podcast and brilliant guest visitors. Good idea.

thank you

Statute of limitations on spoilers should be lifted once a film is out of the cinema.

Why so serious?

@Phil Hinton I seen your tweet - did you pay the extra to go see the movie??
Was going to go tonight, but I've been ill so didn't bother. Might see it before the podcast recording on Sunday.

I wasnt too happy about the spoiler either. Bad form imo

Good stuff, guys. I'm not a huge fan of MCU/DCU films but I am intrigued by Joker.

Not hugely familiar with the work of Sophie Turner but has anyone noticed she looks like Boy George?

Edit: Just read she's lined up to play him in a biopic! Can't say I'm surprised!

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom