avr help

cj76

Standard Member
Reaction score
hello all
just after some help really I would like to get a new amp I currently have a pioneer sc lx 501 with dali zensor 5.1 speakers. I was looking at the denon 3600h would this be a good choice from the amp I already have. don't really know a lot about home audio and just always gone on the advice in store but would also appreciate other peoples advice.
also what do you think I could get for the pioneer if I was to sell it. its great condition never really turned up high and from smoke and pet free home.

thanks for any help chris

well not a lot really just had the amp 3 years and fancied a change and saw richer sounds are doing the denon for £699. also sometimes feel the sound isn't that great from the pioneer.

I think the Denon would be an improvement over the Pioneer that you have already. I wonder if there is something else that you could do to improve your system.

What subwoofer(s) do you have? Are you planning to expand from 5.1? Do you use the system for music?

that's what I was hoping(thinking) it would be an improvement. currently don't run a sub and some one has said that one would make a big improvement so was also looking at getting one if they had something on offer was also looking at getting some add on atmos speakers. yes I do use for music mainly through alexa or spotify connect.

No sub at all? Which Dali speakers do you have exactly? I think the Denon would be an improvement over the Pioneer, but if you want to enjoy music, a Marantz would be better. But, adding a sub or two to a 5.0 system would be the best upgrade to make first.

Take a look at BK subs, they are a forum favourite as really great performance for not much money.

They also have an ebay store where they sell B grade stock.

I would certainly get a sub in the first instance. That will lift the bass burden from your speakers and the receiver itself and should improve the audio. The Denon is probably going to be better than the Pioneer as it has a better room correction system in Audyssey XT32 over the Pioneer's in house design. The same can be said of a comparable Maratnz receiver which would be better if music is involved.

yes I know no sub I do apologies lmao. I have the zensor 5 front with vokal center and zensor 1 for rears. ill have a look at the subs. I really thinking of getting the amp and will be going to richer sounds when they open at 12. will see what subs they have.
thanks gibsy never had Marantz what one would be worth looking at.
thanks guys

The Marantz SR6014 is the comparable model to the Denon X3600, although it would be very unlikely you find one as cheap as the 3600. Apart from the Marantz having circuits that are more tuned to music, their HDAM circuits, they are basically the same under the skin being sister companies. The only difference would be that musical ability of the Marantz.

The Denon does have a full set of pre-outs which makes it very easy to add a stereo amp with HT by-pass for a superior musical performance but that could be something for the future. That's how I use my Denon receiver with a separate stereo amp for music sources.

Some decent deals here:

The Nad T758v3 would also be worth considering:

great thanks for all the help and advice chaps going to pop out to rs and see what they can do for me on an amp sub and atmos speakers. ill let you know on the outcome lol.
just out of interest what do you think I could get for the pioneer ive looked and cant gauge on what its worth

Just to say that if you were interested in a BK sub, they are sold direct from BK, hence the lower prices. And I think SSAV are the sole distributors for Nad in the UK.

Difficult to give a price on the Pioneer, couldn't find any used for sale on flea bay. You could place an ad in our classifieds, put your own price on it, or leave it open to offers. There are a few Yamaha receivers on there so that you could try and guage where your particular model lies.

Is definitely agree with rambles and gibbsy on this, a sub would probably be a better place to start, it will definitely make a noticeable difference to your setup, whereas the receiver, whilst making it better, will be more subtle.

for the money, the x3600 is very difficult to beat unless you can find a second hand marantz or maybe NAD for a similar price. Nothing else within that price range is really worth considering.

hi guys thanks for all the replies and help just got back from rs. the chap I spoke to said I wouldn't really be gaining much by changing the amp and would be better off starting with a decent sub and atmos speakers. offered me the dali e12 sub and the alteco speakers gonna have a think and go from there.

The Amp you have is very good I'd definitely look at getting a sub as mentioned on here you can't go wrong with a BK sub as for the Alteco speakers they should go well with your current speakers, out of curiosity did you not get a sub with your speaker setup?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom