Panny 820 has the DV but also the HDR optimiser, one of its best features....

Plus will match the TV

Just so I’ve got them in my Amazon save for later list... Do these look like the correct products I’ll need connecting up wise?

AmazonBasics Banana Plugs, 12 pairs https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01MXJIEV9/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_dwxzDbMJWT5DS

AmazonBasics Subwoofer Cable - 2.44 meters https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01D5H8G3W/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_ywxzDbTVXSA2D

QED Performance Micro Slimline White Oxygen Free Copper (OFC) Speaker Cable for HiFi and Home Cinema Systems (10 metres) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07PQMLXN1/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_ZwxzDb5F8WHK5

Obviously I don’t know what lengths I’ll need yet completely but just product wise. :)

If there’s anything else I’m forgetting please let me know!

Just a suggestion;

Banana Plugs
30m of cable

Both products I am using right now.

I'd also buy a long subwoofer cable (or buy a short one and a long one), the advantage of a subwoofer is its placement is not fixed, and you will find its response will vary widely depending on where you place it in your room, I'm talking potentially night and day difference. Now a long subwoofer cable will allow you to easily change its placement for testing purposes.. not something you need to do now, but if you like tinkering, it's something you will probably want to do later :rotfl:.

For example, I have one subwoofer right next to / behind me and one about as far away as it can go from me. (A really close subwoofer will give more tactile feedback).

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Agree with both of these, I use them both. The fisual plugs I find much better (my favourite plugs), I previously bought the exact other type and whilst ok I prefer the fisual as although you need a small screwdriver to put them on I find the much more secure and also like the fact the bit left sticking out the amp is plastic and not conductive..

Also consider the Ikea Besta units for storage / as a TV stand. Lots of variations on colour, size, doors etc. The units are big enough to hold the AVR and extra equipment and the tinted doors still let you use the remote.

Just a suggestion;

Banana Plugs
30m of cable

Both products I am using right now.

I'd also buy a long subwoofer cable (or buy a short one and a long one), the advantage of a subwoofer is its placement is not fixed, and you will find its response will vary widely depending on where you place it in your room, I'm talking potentially night and day difference. Now a long subwoofer cable will allow you to easily change its placement for testing purposes.. not something you need to do now, but if you like tinkering, it's something you will probably want to do later :rotfl:.

For example, I have one subwoofer right next to / behind me and one about as far away as it can go from me. (A really close subwoofer will give more tactile feedback).

Thanks! I’ll get these bookmarked :)

Also consider the Ikea Besta units for storage / as a TV stand. Lots of variations on colour, size, doors etc. The units are big enough to hold the AVR and extra equipment and the tinted doors still let you use the remote.

Will have a look at this too!!

There’s always an option of a Harmony with a hub that goes behind the doors, you never need to point the remote in the right direction then and can also use your phone app as a second remote...

£120 + £135 is a lot better than the £419 TV stand you were previously looking at.

Isn't this site great?:)

£120 + £135 is a lot better than the £419 TV stand you were previously looking at.

Isn't this site great?:)

Haha yes, very impressed. Won’t complain about making some big savings that’s for sure!

So i was lucky enough to have the Harmony delivered same day!

Just set it up at the in-laws to have a play. WOW I mean, the software is a bit buggy but the things you can do with this thing. So glad I finally bit the bullet and got one!

Once we’re in the house and the routines are setup, I’ll no longer get calls and texts when I’m out to tell the wife how to turn something on! Hahaha (except when the Harmony stops working) :rotfl:

7079E0F5-DAF4-47C1-9AB3-2F56B1DDD225.jpeg 16541504-B7EC-4F23-8DE0-FC59CADDE911.jpeg

So it all arrived on a palette today!

Safe to say the in-laws are not going to be impressed when they come back from holiday.

Will have to re-iterate that it’ll be all gone in hopefully a fortnight. :rotfl:

I just want to open it all up!!

Well done! It’s going to be so much fun!

OP - what happened with the cabling situation? Did you ask Peter Tyson for some freebies?

If not it's no big deal, you can certainly pick up cheapie stuff on Amazon that will work just as well.

OP - what happened with the cabling situation? Did you ask Peter Tyson for some freebies?

If not it's no big deal, you can certainly pick up cheapie stuff on Amazon that will work just as well.

Unfortunately I’d already ordered etc so didn’t think they’d then send me out free cabling separately. Don’t know why I forgot to ask!

Think I’m just going to get some stuff on Amazon next week once I’ve nipped up to the house tomorrow to do some measuring! :)

Must say, I am really impressed with your decisiveness and speed because you posted your initial query only on 24th August.

No faffing about for you!:D

Must say, I am really impressed with your decisiveness and speed because you posted your initial query only on 24th August.

No faffing about for you!:D

Haha a mix of impatience and the fact we’re moving in fairly soon spurred me on to get it sorted so we could move in and have it all ready!

I’ve watched no end of YouTube review videos though and thanks to you guys I feel like I’ve made the right choices for once and won’t end up regretting anything because of said impatience! :laugh:

Here’s a another question everyone.

Speaker wall mounts. I know Monitor Audio have the circle ones but they don’t look like the speakers going to sit flat the wall with it. Is this the case? Also the Bronze FXs do they mount differently?

I’ll be wanting to wall mount all the speakers basically. :)

Bronze FXs are fitted flush to the wall. I think that they have keyhole fittings. Hope you're good with a drill.:smashin:

If you don’t need anything too powerful, some people like and get on with the Marantz slim lines, maybe look at Peter Tyson:

Marantz NR1710 AV Receiver with Monitor Audio Mass 5.1 AV Speaker System (new version)
I wouldn't even worry about the power unless you the OP was determined to run 4 ohm floor standing speakers which I'm guessing from the question they are not. I just sold my half height Marantz and I don't think I ever approached the limits of that receiver running at -20dB which is about as loud as you can get without sound proofing and/or great neighbours.

Anyway the Denon is a very nice receiver :)

Last edited by a moderator:
You've done fantastically well to only go £21 over your initial £1000 budget, yet achieve significant upgrades on both the receiver and speakers.

Don't forget that Amazon Basics works just as well as any of the expensive alternatives, so try not to get drawn into spending more on that side of things than you have to.

I actually don't envy you having to choose a BK Sub as there's just so many in so many different finishes. I suppose available space will determine your final choice. Setting them up right can also be a bit tricky, it's tempting to have one run too loud, but that's what we're here for.

Looking forward to seeing your set up in pictorial form!:)
Audyssey Multi XT32 on the Denon should help with that. BK subs sound good, with Audyssey Multi XT they sound very good. But I can't believe how good XT32 is. My BK volume is actually set much higher than before (part of the Audyssey set up process) but somehow it works.

I realised I could just go open the boxes and take a look... so I did

I’ve managed to find a bracket with adjustable arms for the bronze centre so that’s been ordered.

However due to the layout of the room I’m unsure as to whether to mount the Bronze 2s or have them on stands.

6052E21D-66CE-4251-9DAD-832515695086.jpeg

Excuse my crude drawing but I’m worried with the bronze 2s that they’ll be in the way of viewing from the 2 seater. Now I know the furthest sat right of the 2 seater would have hardly any viewing angle anyway and it’ll only really be used with guests.

However I’m still worried furthest sat left still may have the bronze 2 on the left in their way?

Also with the FXs is it worth mounting them on the side walls or rear wall?

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom