AVR300 speaker 'pop' at 'Max Volume' setting

HolaOtto

Standard Member
Reaction score
I bought an AVR300 very recently and one of the first settings I made was to limit the 'Max Volume' setting down from the default 100db to 85db. Saved the setting and exited the menu. Now I have decided limiting it to 85db is fine for me for music, but for DVDs it is too low, so I set it back up to 100db through the menu. The strange thing now is that as I increase the volume level (either by turning the volume dial or via remote) upwards, it makes a pop noise through the speakers when increasing or decreasing through the 84db -> 85db levels and only at this point - nowhere else between 0 & 100db. I heard the same pop when I set the Max Volume to 85db originally and thought the noise would happen when I increased the volume to this max setting, but now I have increased it back to 100db it still remains. It is like the avr300 has residual memory setting inside it! Anyone experienced the same thing, or am I just paranoid!!!

I had the similar situation. I did not change max volume setting, but sometimes after 60 db, sometimes after 70 db, I had pop sound. I do not know the reason, but it bothers for sure.

Hey Crustyloafer, thanks alot for finding that thread. I couldnt find it in the Arcam forum. Thats great to know it is all under control by Arcam (ie not a faulty unit I have).

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom