B&W pv1d vs SVS sb2000 pro

Daddy k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a very aesthetics based av system. Running Anthony Gallo micros and a b&w pv1d in a 7.1 layout, and 75” screen.

The pv1d is ok.... but I’ve never had a wow factor from it... but it’s pleasing to the eye.
Now I’ve seen the white sb2000 pro. I could put up with that in my room.
Question is thou would it be a dramatic improvement? And I mean dramatic! Or do I need to go a lot bigger?
My current setup
8F65617D-876E-49C0-80B0-6839E8911FF9.jpeg

I can't really comment on the differences between the two and how much better the SB2000 Pro would be, but if aesthetics are important, have you looked at maybe the Arendal subs as another option? Perhaps they are larger than you want though? I would guess though just by comparing specs, they would be an improvement.

I think the PB2000 pro will be dramatic, truly awesome sub, plays deep, low and loud👍

Only downside it's quite large.

@Daddy k

Looking at the data of PV1D and SB2000 there is big difference between these two. SVS will dig lot deeper and you would need 2-3 PV1D to match it below 50hz if you were to push both to limits. But i assume you aren´t listening loud as you have tiny fist sized speakers and what i remember the PV1D is otherwise good sounding sub when one keeps the volume at moderate. I would personally first consider larger speakers for the front three that are aestetically pleasing if that is possible. Some lifestyle design with good sound. You are looking dramatic difference then you have to start with speakers (LCR) cause those tiny Gallos can only do so much. Check for example Monitor Audio Radius 270 Satin white & Radius 200 or MA Apex A10 & A40 in pearl gloss white if you looking something stylish! You can still keep Gallos as surrounds. Just a thought.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom